cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MJ discontinued years ago - but the line is still active!!

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Picture this, please. While we stopped paying for our MJ (Magic Jack) device and service approx. 4 to 5 yrs. ago. The line appears to still active. Every few months or so - a relative or friend will call (using that old MJ no.) and leave a phone msg.

Not a big deal - but, should you have 1st. hand experience with MJ and know if this is usual or unusual - pls. let me know. Thx. :h

p.s. However, if you never had or never used MJ - pls. resist saying what you figure - is happening. lol
BOSTON BLK
7 REPLIES 7

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
That speaks positive volumes for MagicJack support that they do that.

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Finally, I called MJ support who told me the e-mail plus voice msg. to # was left open when account was closed. It's all good (now) and bottom line - "no shots fired, nobody injuried". bb
BOSTON BLK

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
When you sign up for MJ, you sign up for auto pay every year on your CC. Are you sure your CC is not being billed every year? You into you MJ account and look at your settings.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
I also used MJ at one time and when I cancelled I quit getting the email messages and when I dialed the # it was out of service. I am thinking that your disconnect did not process completely. They quit charging you but did not remove the # associated with your account.

Mike

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! Just as rexlion said - "an e-mail msg. is received" and I can play and hear that msg. X-Files pls. investigate! Or are those Russians working o/t?
BOSTON BLK

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
"MJ discontinued years ago - but the line is still active!!"

Yeah, I agree. Thriller is still an OK album.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Do you receive notices of those messages via email? Is that how you know they are being left?

I had an old MJ number and after I stopped paying I never got any messages. I assumed the number was given to some subsequent person.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point