Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Where to store sewage hose on a class A
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Where to store sewage hose on a class A

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On truck campers and class C R V's you have the bumper to store the hose in there is not a bumper on most class A motorhomes they are built into the body. So where do you store the sewer hose I was thinking about a 6 foot piece of P V C and putting screwable caps on each end 6 foot would allow for at least 3 sections of hose and that could be attached with several methods in one of the bays pipe strapping then screwed down a small screw inside on each end since there is not much weight involved but how do you store your hose?

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your plan would work. Some folks attach the PVC under the RV with the opening right at the drain access. Some Class A's have room inside the drain bin. Some store in a plastic container along with all the connections you'll be accumulating.

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my rig, the sewer connection is in a compartment. The compartment is plastic with drain and floor access for hose to be routed while in use.
If your rig does not have a "wet" compartment, could use a plastic tote or bucket.
Yes a peice of plastic pipe, plastic fence post(larger) would work. Make sure size is large enough for which ever style of connector you have.
You could attach across back to frame in front of bumper.
It would be good to know make and model of rig

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we keep a 8'-section in a tub in one of the storage bays. we use that section alone most of the time. but experience has taught me to be ready so we carry 4-10' sections of hose. we store them in two 7'-lengths of 6"-PVC pipe crosswise under the chassis. each tube stores two lengths and has a screw cap. on our previous MH i attached a 15' piece of PVC for the extra hose and hung it under the exterior storage cabinets that extended and retracted with the slide.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you may use the plastic container with a locking lid. just to keep the lid on while you are driving and not cross contaminating other things in the storage area

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hose is the only thing I store in my 'sewer' compartment /wet bay. JM2ยข

John Wayne

Long Beach, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

5 inch plastic fence post works well under frame behind rear wheels. Makes enough room for connections plus plastic rain gutter it sets in. Can use the rain gutter under the hose to make a run to the sewer. Held to the frame rails with hose clamps.

John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 129,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon / Yuma Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my coach the propane tank is in a semi open bay behind an exterior access door. I purchased a sewer hose tube with screw on lid from Camping World and mounted it inside the propane tank storage area. Works great since that door is right next to the wet bay on my coach.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the replys I Have a 02 Monaco it has a wet bay but not a big enough space to store the sewer hose as far as underneath the motorhome the ground clearance is not that great and I would be apprehensive to have anything hanging underneath the idea of placing a holder of some sorts where the propane tank is located, I am going to check that for clearance. the previous owner kept it in a plastic tote that does not seem to be the best way to stow it. I am the second owner and wanted to make several short trips to iron out any bugs, the DW wants to strike out for Oregon right away, so I have to get all this sorted out quickly if she prevails, I am sure I will have plenty more things to sort out either way, luckily a fiend owns a trucking company and they have their own shop and they are going to help me replace the steering tires a t a good price, the other four are 3 years old. I dread that which could come up on a trip that long so far, new batteries caulking all over, the tires a battery isolator and I am sure the list will grow either before we leave in March or I hope not on the road.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My previous 36 DP coach had a built in 4" PVC pipe and on our new Class B I wanted the same. I found a place for could put 6 feet of 4" PVC hanging under the bed back over a wheel well. Works perfectly but a warning that while the stock sewer PVC fittings work, I needed to use a Dremmel to route slots into the very end to allow the ears of the hose connector to slide in deep enough so I could screw on the end cap.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Where to store sewage hose on a class A
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS