cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone remember this Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins Store, NC?

Woodtroll
Explorer
Explorer
This may seem a little off-topic, but it was definitely part of our "routes" during camping, so I thought I would see if this would jog anyone's memory and help ours out.

At least ten years ago, maybe more, as part of one of our camping trips we stopped at a little store that sold both Baskin Robbins ice cream and Dunkin Donuts. This store was on the right-hand end of a convenience or general store, but was a separate doorway from the other store. It seems to me like it was an older board building, or maybe it was built to look like a rustic building, but it definitely was not new either way. The store was located on a four-lane road in an area with some other stores and gas stations, and was not far from a major stoplight at an intersection with another two- or four-lane road. This was either in Piedmont or Tidewater NC as best as I can remember, because the terrain was flat (memorable because we are from the mountains). I'm going to say we were facing generally south when facing the storefront, so it was just off the south (or southwest or southeast) side of the road.

This may seem an odd request, but we have discussed this with our (now grown) kids and while we all remember this stop, we can't remember where we were or where we were camping at the time. It's just one of those random memories that I can't fully remember, and it's been bugging me for quite some time. I've even done searches for "NC Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts" stores to try to figure this out, with no luck, but maybe the store no longer exists.

Does this store ring a bell with anybody? Please help me restore my sanity and figure out where we were!

Thanks for your help,
Regan
2003 F250XL 4WD 7.3L Crewcab LB, 6 speed; Prodigy brake controller; Big Tex grille guard/ deer deflector. Canoe hauler and camping truck extraordinaire!
2003 Layton 242 Scout- Extra batteries, solar panels, LED lighting, and propane for boondocking.
3 REPLIES 3

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance you could reach out to Baskin Robbins or Dunkin Donuts? Might luck into a helpful geek on the other end of the phone or email. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Woodtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it's a shot in the dark, Dave, but you never know. It just may be that someone from that particular little town will recognize the description. It amazes me the things that people will recognize or help with on this board. Surprisingly, the list of stores in NC that I sorted through wasn't that long, so I don't know if the store is no longer open or perhaps the list wasn't complete. Thanks for looking, though!
2003 F250XL 4WD 7.3L Crewcab LB, 6 speed; Prodigy brake controller; Big Tex grille guard/ deer deflector. Canoe hauler and camping truck extraordinaire!
2003 Layton 242 Scout- Extra batteries, solar panels, LED lighting, and propane for boondocking.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
That might be tough to figure out, as there are many combined Dunkin/Baskin Robbins stores out there. They are one company. Hopefully someone from the area you visited will recognize the details you provided.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7