cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway 74 from Lake Elsinore to Laguna Beach

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a difficult route to drive with a 5th wheel?
8 REPLIES 8

A_hitch_and_hop
Explorer
Explorer
Go to google earth and look at the road. You will be able to look at any point on the route.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Drive your truck over it first and then decide. Have fun
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Last thing the Ortega needs is a 5th wheel getting in the way. Find another route.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ortega my prove easy compared to the very narrow and congested Coast Highway through Laguna Beach.
Where are you actually going? To see Laguna just take the truck over.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with guidry. The Ortega Hwy is doable but there's a good chance you will have a sports car or motorcycle embedded in the side of your trailer. They drive like idiots on a short track. Go around. No reason for the stress.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
It's only 20 miles, so how bad can it be?

Yes it is a bit steep going westbound, but I have driven it many times in my car and pickup. If your trailer is less than 34', probably no sweat. Longer will be more difficult in the first two miles going west, after you reach the top, it is all downhill from there.

Goog luck, Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t suggest it. Going around either south to 76 or North to 91 and 55 would be much easier and a lot less stressful. 74 has a steep start, lots of idiots tailgating, a few tight switchbacks and only a few spots to pull over and then youโ€™d have to accelerate quickly to avoid idiots coming up quick behind you. Youโ€™d get there faster going around. Safe travels

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
More accurately it goes to San Juan Capistrano. Should not be difficult, but it is popular with the sports cars and motorcycles. Nice scenery, lots of curves.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.