cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minneapolis to Canada to Niagara, back thru UP Michigan

tlieder
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any advise --we want to leave from Minneapolis, drive thru Canada and camp a night or two somewhere in Canada on the way to Niagara Falls....then on the way home drive thru the UP Michigan and camp along there a night or two ...any suggestions?
**2019 Winnebago Minnie Plus 27rbds
7 REPLIES 7

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We enjoyed staying in Fifty Point Conservation Area for a visit to Niagara Falls, Ontario. In fact, we are going right back there in June of this year. It is so relaxing to be outside the tourist area that it is worth the 40 minute drive to the Falls. (estimate on time, but it is not in the immediate area)

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are literally hundreds of beautiful places to visit in the UP. Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains, Copper Harbor in the Keweenaw, Bond Falls and Agate Falls, Baraga State Park, Pictured Rocks NP near Munising, Fayette near Indian Lake SP, Oswald Bear Ranch, Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Pointe, Soo Locks, Mackinac Island. That's just the tip of the iceberg. How many days you want to spend and what do you like to do?

tlieder
Explorer
Explorer
thank you WYNbob---I appreciate the links...I am aware of the distance, and perhaps didn't explain myself clear enough. We want to camp in Canada along the way to Niagara, camp in Niagara, and will camp in UP Michigan on way home. I was looking for advise on Canada and UP Michigan....and of course we are not going now.
**2019 Winnebago Minnie Plus 27rbds

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I agree about the suggestion to wait until spring.

But seriously, while I can't offer any tips on the Northern side of that trip, I can assure you that the UP is fabulous. At least in warm weather. I'd plan on spending several days there and seeing the sights. The rivers, the woods, the waterfalls are all great. Not much in the way of cities and nightlife, but a campers' paradise.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to Rvillage.com group I manage on Niagara falls..

There are To to in NF, Canada link.

And Things to do in NF. NY

Or you can ask me direct questions.
Have fun planning.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Google says that's 21 hours of driving and 1300 miles a night or two of camping is still over 400 miles a day with no stops

Your plans seems flawed I camped 5 nights between Minneapolis and Sault Ste. Marie
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
My advice is wait for spring. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.