cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISL DPF, frequent regens

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2007 ISL 425 with DPF (no DEF) has been doing frequent regens on this trip. Previously we would get a regen maybe once in a 7,000 mile trip. This trip, we've had two in the first 5,000 miles. In the past few days of traveling, we have gotten a regen daily and past two days, regens twice in 300 miles of travel.

Last year I got a DPF warning light and had Cummins check the system. They found a loose exhaust gas pressure sensor. They tightened it, checked the system and said it was OK. The service manager did say in his opinion, I would need to replace the DPF in the near future. He said in his experience with motorhomes, cleaning the DPF was rarely worth the money and replacement was the better option.

Anyone else have similar issue?
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA
3 REPLIES 3

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
In colder weather, you will have more frequent regens due to the temps. In cold weather the exhaust temperature will not be able to be high enough for passive regens. So you will have more active regens.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
My regens run about 20 minutes.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
They tried to clean mine on my 08 and it cracked. Based on the dumpster full of them it seems it is common.

Mine only had about 17K miles on it.

Were the regens running for a long time while driving?

If you decide to have it cleaned or replaced be sure they do any ECM updates. Mine regens kind of oddly now and have it seen it take nearly an hour a couple of times.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008