Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Q.C. to RV On Board Propane
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Q.C. to RV On Board Propane

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
LiamBlack

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/19 12:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWFL FlyFisher wrote:

hbillsmith wrote:

Thanks for the positive comment. By the way, be sure you understand that there are 3 models of that Champion Inverter/Generator. The Costco 3100 model is the least powerful rated at only 2800 on Propane.

This could be an issue if you need to run your A/C. Cabelas, Camping World and a few others sell the 3400 Model and the 3500 Model. Those two, though rated slightly different, are actually identical (verified with CPE). There are multiple users here on the forum and on YouTube that have had success with the the higher capacity units running their A/C.

Also, be aware that though these units come with electric start, they do not have Remote start. Some folks are waiting for them to come out with a remote start version.

Have a beautiful day and good luck with however you decide to go.

I did see that the Champion through Costco is a 3100/2800. Our A/C is a 13.5 and Champion says the 3100 will start and run it. I figure I can order one and try - If it works, great, if it doesn't I just return it to my local Costco, no questions asked. In addition to an easy return if needed, the warranty is doubled when I use my Costco VISA to buy it.

Right now I can't see any reason not to try the 3100 for $849 shipped.

Already managed to try it out? I'm interested in a review of it.

Weluv2rv

Orlando

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is GREAT info for this RV newbie! I am wondering if there is any newer info since this thread appears to be several years old. Newer Champion models that will work with this system, etc.?

Anyone have any other success stories with other brands, etc.? I’m still looking at Champion, but they probably have newer models since this 2018 thread.

Also, I have dual A/Cs, which will likely require a bigger gen anyway.

Thanks again!

acjudd

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to do the same thing with a slightly different model of Champion Dual Fuel generator. My problem is that I can't get the first stage regulator off the safety valve. It won't budge. Any tips on how to accomplish this?

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought this 700w that connects direct to high pressure propane cylinder. Just to charge the battery if solar proves inadequate.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Baja-900-Wat........ed-Inverter-Generator-BAI911LP/306283803

(was Ryobi brand when I purchased)

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Ryobi 900 watt propane generator it works great. I only use it when the solar can't keep up but that hasn't happen in 3 years.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/22 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWFL FlyFisher wrote:

Right now I can't see any reason not to try the 3100 for $849 shipped.

Just bought the Champion 4500w dual fuel/electric start for $825 on amazon (free shipping). Move quick as the prices seem to change every few days.

That said, I'll take a couple separate propane tanks rather than tap into the RV propane system.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Q.C. to RV On Board Propane
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.