cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New navigation app for Android

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
There's a new option for navigation using your Android smartphone and it looks pretty good for a brand new app. It's called NavMeTo Truck Navigation. RVers can use it by selecting the box truck profile and use the flammable liquid hazard option.

This app uses offline HERE apps (updated quarterly) and HERE traffic, same as Garmin. You can view truck restriction icons on the map which is a nice touch.

The routes I've used to test are pretty good.

Download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.noox.nxfleetmobile.play.truck
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen
6 REPLIES 6

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the app can be used for free without a premium subscription so there's little risk in forming a personal opinion of it over time.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I do not trust good or bad reviews with LOW number posts...
to early for a judgement.
I will keep an Eye on this one..

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
All to often these apps try re-inventing the wheel but once in a while they offer a little something extra that works for us.
It's not available for my tablet yet but I will give it a try for sure.

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
Looking at the reviews 5 of 7 reviewers rated it badly, think I'll stay with Co-Pilot on my android tablet.

The app just came out of pre-release status. The first alpha version had a problem that it didn't run on many newer phones.

I personally wouldn't miss out trying a new app because of 5 anonymous reviews.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the reviews 5 of 7 reviewers rated it badly, think I'll stay with Co-Pilot on my android tablet.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Worth a try
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE