Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: damage from sinking in mud
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> damage from sinking in mud

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has rained in northwest Georgia we have flood watch for 4 days i have a gravel drive went to get new tires I sunk deep mud in dulies i do not damage was doneI am permanently disabled had the 40 foot monacoo a couple weeksI need help can anyone help with what could be damagedI life in cave spring georgia have had it a couple weeks any one can help appreciated sunk to the frame hot could be wrong tire extensions please help had two weeks

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hard to follow what you are saying, but in general, getting stuck in mud to the frame is never a good thing..

It's not so much the stuck part, it's how you have to extract the vehicle that can cause damage..

Sounds like you have a big, heavy rig stuck to the frame in mud..

Not gonna be cheap or easy to extract...

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! "> Happy Camping!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you lift the RV with the levelers placed on some wood sheets?
Fill in the holes and put some boards under the tires.
Otherwise a tow truck can get you rolling again.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 03:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last year I had my 30 footer stuck in the mud. The rear tires were up to the axel and the front not so much. I first off made the leveing jacks foot print bigger by placing many 2x6 so when I used the jacks they would not sink to far into the mud. I used the jacks to raise my unit up as high as possible then worked with wood to make ramps in the mud for the tires. I had to fill in the space left by the tires once I raised it. When all of that was done my neighbor came over with is tractor and very slowly pulled my unit out.

I would wait until your ground is dry, you cannot hurt it anymore now by just sitting where its at. Once the ground dries out do the above.

Craig
ACE 29.3 Class A

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the water was high enough after you sunk to the frame, there is a possibility that some water could have gotten in to the vent port on the rear differential.
Hopefully you have a roadside service contract with CoachNet or Good Sams. Either one will provide the equipment necessary to get your coach back on the road.
Cave Springs is a beautiful part of Georgia.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Odds are no damage. VERY SLIGHT possiblity of damage to the brake rotors if it sits there for a long time. But odds are no damage if gotten out promptly (Any time this week will do). On motor vehicles slight posibility of damage to exhaust but Here is why.

Once the axle hits the ground it usually stops sinking. Most of what can be damaged is ABOVE the axle and is thus protected.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best help you can find will be a quality wrecker service who will spend the time to extract your vehicle carefully. Call several RV dealers and ask for a referral to a wrecker service they use.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

devildog1971 wrote:

...I am permanently disabled had the 40 foot monacoo a couple weeks...

Guys if the OP is permanently disabled he's not crawling under the coach with boards for the hydraulic levelers.

He's gonna need a recovery truck to pull that 40' DP out of the mud without damaging it. Regular tow truck isn't gonna do it.

[image]

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That looks like a regular tow truck to me.

Billinwoodland

N. California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Monaco got stuck in the mud a few years ago in N. California when we were under evacuation warnings because of the imminent danger that the lake oroville levee might breach. Good Sam wasnt much help. I called AAA and they winched me out, real professionals. Pressure washed the wheels and cleaned up the levelers, no damage.

2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> damage from sinking in mud
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS