Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: damage from sinking in mud
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> damage from sinking in mud

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also having a hard time understanding your question (can you use punctuation?) but no one can tell you if you've damaged anything. You'll have to pull it out to know for sure.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That truck has triple rear axle
And hydraulic out riggers for stabilization
Used for eighteen wheelers that went into the ditch, over the bridge etc..

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

A bit off topic, but a local towing & recovery company has one with a triple rear axle and double front axles. I've never seen it in motion, but I would assume that all 4 front tires steer. It's a massive piece of machinery. I have to wonder what the additional set of wheels on the front buys you though...

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/18 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been there and not being disabled I was able to get my 98 40' Beaver out using boards under the two rear jacks and once up, boards under the drive wheels. Once I had the frame up I jacked on boths sides of the rear axle with a small jack to get the tires up high enough after dumping the air to get boards under the tires.
There was no damage to the rig.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
How I tow.
Towing a Prius without a dolly
How I spend the winter.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

Yes and since OP's coach may have a GVWR north of 30,000 lbs, I'm thinking he is gonna need something more than the tow truck from the corner gas station. Also considering the mud is likely to be not just under the rig but around it, no telling how close a tow rig can get. It may take a machine like this parked a little ways away on dry ground to winch it out from the mud, especially if it's in up to the frame!

Here's a guy 30 mins away in Centre, AL:

[image]

Here's the whole list on Google

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been stuck a couple of times, once at a race track and the other primitive camping. Both times a 1 ton little wrecker pulled me out. Just needed a little bit fo help to move on. No big deal just put the MH in drive and idle as he pulls and there you are, out on the road!

08 Itasca 40 FD
02 Jeep Liberty
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Ram Eco Diesel

Passin Thru

N VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a guy pull one out for $75. Anyone around have a big 4 wheel drive tractor?

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sorry about the way I posted I was in the dark, with out electric and hard to see key board. Got it to semi solid ground a roll back came he lifted the bed of the roll back and stuck it in the ground about 12 inches wrapped the chain around the trailer hitch, while I put it in gear, he bent the bed of his roll back. He said it was ok it was going to be turned in after a lease and he had insurance, charged me $200.00 happy to pay it. I was unaware that the day before, while it was raining a beaver dam busted and flooded over my drive and cow field, we are still under a river flood watch, Hope it does not rain for 4 or 5 days. there is no way to hook onto a class A from the front, the manufactures should think about tow hooks in the future. Thanks for replying when I get it to the truck company that was going to put tires on for me we will pull duals in order to pressure wash the underneath and check the slack adjusters and air bags out. Again thanks for not being to critical of my post that is a ton of money to be worried about, hope I do not have to file a insurance claim, but if I do it will be the first ever. Again thank you for the responses will let you know of any damage when we can get to the pavement in a few weeks. my 75 horse power four wheel drive tractor could not budge it this has been the most rain in the winter here in a long time. called the guy with the big wrecker he told me if I send my big wrecker and it gets stuck you will have to hock that camper to pay my bill that is why I called the guy with the little wrecker and he worked really hard damaged his equipment and said do not worry about it.

doxiemom11

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did that when getting our Monaco from my brother's yard after it sat all winter up north. Buried in mud up to the axles. It was winched out and driven slowly to a quarter car wash ( one tall enough) as we had an acre of mud crammed in everywhere. Drove like tires seriously out of balance. Got it all cleaned up - couldn't see any damage. To date 7 years later - no problems.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/18 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear you got it free! I'm sure a good hosing will clean it off and have you back on the road!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> damage from sinking in mud
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS