cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 week trip to Yellowstone from Wisconsin all tips needed

Highlife77
Explorer
Explorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am planning my family's first trip to Yellowstone and can use any tips and pointers on all subjects. What route to take, where to stay, what are must sees and dos...etc. etc.

We will be towing a 30 foot expandable hybrid trailer with one slide out and three tent beds. Tow vehicle is a ford f150. We have two weeks for the entire trip and would like to stop along the way and back. Thinking about stopping at Mt.Rushmore for an overnight stay on the way to Yellowstone and possibly stopping at the badlands on the way back home for another overnight stay.

We are fairly new at RVing only been at it for a few years. This will be by far the furthest we have traveled and the longest time away so I am looking for any tips and advice I can get. Especially best place to stay and route to take and things to see.
6 REPLIES 6

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
1mtnman wrote:
He probably has not been a member long enough to set around on this forum and criticize other posters
But you have. Go to his other post. See what you find there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Reserve spots quickly.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Double posting is frowned upon.

The poster stated he was new. Give him a break I'm sure he didn't double post on purpose.
He probably has not been a member long enough to set around on this forum and criticize other posters. You might try being helpful but then what can one expect from an oldman!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Make res for inside Yellowstone. Big park. Fishing bridge CG does not accept soft sided campers due to bears. It is only full hookups in park. Make res now. Enjoy. Rushmore and Devils tower nice side trips.

Highlife77
Explorer
Explorer
ok did not know that...new to this won't happen again

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Double posting is frowned upon.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman