cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Highway 199

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a route for next May. Going from Grants Pass, OR to Brookings, OR via Hwy 199 to Route 197 to Hwy 101. Pulling a 25' TT. Any problems with this route?

Thanks and safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS
7 REPLIES 7

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
It's only narrow and curvy is a few sections. No big deal. I've towed over and back on that section many times. Once towing a 31' TT with an F150.
Hopefully the weather is nice as it's a beautiful drive once you get out of Grants Pass a ways. The 197 cutoff is pretty as well.

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your help. The route looked OK on Google maps, but a friend told me it was very curvy and narrow so it worried me a bit. I take my time and drive slow (retired), so judging by what you all say I should be fine. We are looking forward to spending a week at Harris Beach State Park.

Thanks again and safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The curvy part of 199 is along the upper Smith River in California.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
197 is a good road.....you cut off a lot of time using it instead of 199 to 101 then to Brookings. You cut off a few miles that way.
cpaulsen

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have never been on 197, but 199 is a good road, much better than I was expecting when we took it in our 29' class C with dolly & toad, as said, there are a few pretty good curves but absolutely no problem.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
its a good highway with a couple fairly tight turns but 100s of rvs and trucks use it daily without a problem.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Its a bit narrow in places, but semis travel it daily so you should have no problem.