cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Creek or Anchor Point

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posted elsewhere but maybe a wider audience here.

Deep Creek or Anchor Point SRA? We have been to Deep Creek 3 times & thoroughly enjoyed it. We have gone for the eagles not for the fishing. Trying to change up the trip a little on this 4th visit to the area. How is Anchor Point compared t Deep Creek? When it is not windy Deep Creek views are great with fantastic sunsets. Is Anchor Point as exposed?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
7 REPLIES 7

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Planning going to Homer for a few days first. Maybe do a drive thru on the way. Any of the three look like they will do nicely. Got some good eagle pics last time at Deep Creek. The CG is very exposed so cool temps & a little wind do not make for being outside long very nice. The pic below is one of a series that took over half an hour & resulted in the demise of the seagull.

Click For Full-Size Image.

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
alaska dennis wrote:
I live just outside of Homer. But I have camped at Anchor Point. A lot of the campsites have bushes around them.

I would look at Stariski State Park. Its half way between AP and DC Kind of small but right on the bluff.

Never heard of that one. Not marked on my MS Streets & Trips either. Believe I have found it using Google Earth between Kutafya Rd. & Old Sterling Hwy. Any sites long enough for me? <36' 5er. Don't mind not being able to use rear stabilisers. Pretty good at stuffing ourselves into small sites if there is a good reason for the effort.

Going to Homer for a few days first & giving Hornaday a try this time.

Here's the web site. It states 35' but you should give it a try.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspunits/kenai/stariskisrs.htm
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
alaska dennis wrote:
I live just outside of Homer. But I have camped at Anchor Point. A lot of the campsites have bushes around them.

I would look at Stariski State Park. Its half way between AP and DC Kind of small but right on the bluff.

Never heard of that one. Not marked on my MS Streets & Trips either. Believe I have found it using Google Earth between Kutafya Rd. & Old Sterling Hwy. Any sites long enough for me? <36' 5er. Don't mind not being able to use rear stabilisers. Pretty good at stuffing ourselves into small sites if there is a good reason for the effort.

Going to Homer for a few days first & giving Hornaday a try this time.

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR

alaska_dennis
Explorer
Explorer

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is Redoubt Volcano taken from across Cook Inlet at Deep Creek Beach. The volcano is frequently not visible.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Never camped at either location but FWIW based on a few "day" stops and visiting off and on.....exposure is subjective, either area can get some wind and breeze (as well as views). On the whole I'd say one is likely to get slighty better views more consistently from Deep Creek, but also more likely to have breezy conditions. At the peak of fishing, both areas get crowded, but Deep Creek moreso.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Anchor Point on our 2009 trip and enjoyed it and Homer while there. Some pictures are available of the beach, eagles and sunset on our blog.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams