cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Overbilling

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Does anyone have a phone number I can get to a live person on Verizon phone.

I keep getting over-billed - when I try to call or go online to talk to someone, it won't allow me to do it unless I give a pin# which I don;t have - never set it up.

I go to the corporate store, and it tells me I can only do billing online or via phone - and I can't get in --- ripped out my last hair!!
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
38 REPLIES 38

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Well, it shows a pretty large coverage - and we go out in the boonies a lot anyway. So, we get it when we get it, and then catch up....

Wife has Verizon and hotspot, so now we have two options ...
With both Verizon and T-Mobile and a preference for out of the way places, you feedback on comparable ability to access these two networks would be interesting. To me anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
monkey44 wrote:
coverage is actually more with T-mobile at home
I was thinking more of travelling.

Well, it shows a pretty large coverage - and we go out in the boonies a lot anyway. So, we get it when we get it, and then catch up....

Wife has Verizon and hotspot, so now we have two options ...
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
coverage is actually more with T-mobile at home
I was thinking more of travelling.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
monkey44 wrote:
Went inside T-Mobile, walked out with a T-Mobile account with a new phone - A little more than what I paid at Verizon, but with phone, email, internet, and hotspot - which I can use enough to make it worth it. Could have had less, but can use the services.
Provided you're in a t-mobile coverage area. Did you get a PIN? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes, got a PIN>> wrote it down ... ๐Ÿ™‚ And, coverage is actually more with T-mobile at home (4-5 bars) than Verizon (3-4 bars) ... we had issues with the coverage because our S&B is rural, not in town. That could be due to newer technology on newer phone too, possibly.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Went inside T-Mobile, walked out with a T-Mobile account with a new phone - A little more than what I paid at Verizon, but with phone, email, internet, and hotspot - which I can use enough to make it worth it. Could have had less, but can use the services.
Provided you're in a t-mobile coverage area. Did you get a PIN? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still love Verizon! I also like my $20/month unlimited AT&T data connection but that's another story. I am dumping Sprint after 2 years of no service (under contract) so I hope T-Mobile isn't tied to Sprint in any manner.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
OK - just to final this one out ...

Went to Verizon store today - got a new PIN, and store solved a few things - but still could not address the over-billing. And turns out, it reverted to a ten year old address and sends the bill there - no wonder I don't get it, and had a e-mail address that is not mine for e-billing. How, no idea, as I've had this one for at least fifteen years.

So, Verizon tech gives me a phone to call (611 and punch 000 ) and address the billing issue - go back into the parking lot right down the street from T-Mobile, call the number, explain the billing issue - three months old by now - and she says: I can only collect the money, not do anything about the over bill. Wants to send me directly to a "fix it" agent. I tell her, if you put me on hold for more than one minute, I'm gone and will open T-Mobile account. At the time, was sitting in T-Mobile parking lot ... she says, OK ... ON hold comes up, "We're experiencing unusually long wait periods for CS" which is a robot I've been hearing for a few months whenever I do get in.

But this entire episode was more about CS than money, or monthly fees, it was about hours and hours on-hold with NO results. That's it guys - end of this tale ... thx for advice along the way. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Monkey44 and the Magic Genie ...
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
So what actually happened when you called the 611 number?

No answer - figured it was Saturday ??

BUT, when I have to jump thru this many hoops to talk to a real person, I don't want this company anymore, even if they fix it this time. It's been months, and each time "V" tells me it's fixed, the next billing puts the same numbers in - and it only gets to me with a "late bill and fee", for some reason, I never get a bill, only a "late notice". An original bill never comes online to me, and I changed the email address twice ... still no bill, just late notices.

For some reason, E-glitch in my account maybe - the security keeps my account from updating? Maybe - I have no clue, but am done messing with it. Been with "V" over ten years, and this is about a year of headaches ...
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what actually happened when you called the 611 number?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It seems hard to believe that calling 611 from your phone did not get you to a real person, even without a PIN.
x2.

Also I would think setting up a PIN would be rather easy.. easier than what you're going through without it.

You cannot set up a PIN over the phone or online without a PIN first - does that make sense - well, ask the Verizon guy. That's what he told me when I called a local Verizon store ... and he can't do it either if I go in there because he's a franchise not corporate. It's truly been almost funny, but it's NOT the first time - and I get it fixed (I think fixed), then next billing cycle, it's not fixed again. So, am giving up on it, and moving on.

It does not even send me a bill - never get a bill, ONLY a late fee warning when I haven't paid the bill I don't get yet - I truly believe there is a glitch attached to my account, and it can't function properly. And please, don't tell me that's not possible.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
FYI. I have a smart phone with data plan with Verizon but my wife doesn't want any part of a smart phone. Flip phone to make and receive calls. We have a pay as you go plan with Verizon for her phone and instead of $20 or $25 for minutes that expire at the end of each month we pay $104 for 400 minutes that are good for a year. Works out to about $9 a month. She has yet to run out of minutes. I renew every year using her phone without talking to anyone.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It seems hard to believe that calling 611 from your phone did not get you to a real person, even without a PIN.
x2.

Also I would think setting up a PIN would be rather easy.. easier than what you're going through without it.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks to all you guys who offered info - we've decided to change and are doing a bit if research between T-mobile and a pay/go phone ... so much out there its difficult to "get it" ... so will move on from Verizon just on principle as it won't even allow me to see my account at the moment ...

As long as folks can keep the same phone number, then it will always leave all of us with choices ... a good thing. Will let you know what we do, but at the moment, looks like T-mobile is the front-runner ...as per wa8yxm advice earlier.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845