cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bizarre winegard traveler problem

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
I am having fits trying to figure out what is wrong with my winegard travler SK7003 system. This system is for Shaw. The control box shows that it has found the 2 satellites 111 and 107. It goes thru the peaking and identifying procedure and shows the * by the satelites. The problem is, it has actually not found them. The azimuth appears to be ok but, the elevation looks to be too low. I get no signal at the receivers. All of the coax cables are good. I have even connected directly from the lnb to the receiver to verify that there is no signal. I believe it is close because the satellite strength meter option shows occasional blips of signal but nothing steady. I am using 600 and 630 receivers that are all active on my other dish.

I am very puzzled as to what the control box is finding that it thinks are the required satellites. It has me extremely puzzled. I have recalibrated the elevation and reset the box to factory settings. I will be talking to the support at Winegard on Monday but, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options
3 REPLIES 3

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
I think I have found out my issue. I believe the Winegard has the new xku lnb and I am still using the older dual quad lnb on all my other sets. I will need to upgrade my other sets to the newer lnb and have the programming upgraded accordingly. The Shaw system cannot use both old and new at the same time. I only found this out when I checked out new lnb's as I was convinced that was my issue. I expect that Shaw will give me 2 new lnb's for the home dishes.
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Set the receivers on the signal power setting.
Research and when you get a strong signal be quick and unplug the control box.

Or does the control box have a manual setting for the 110 satellite or one between the 111-107. Try that.

I have better luck setting my DirecTV on manual for the 101 and the 99-103 come in better at times then letting it auto tune all 3.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared. Winegards solution to almost everything is box it up and ship it to them.