Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Spilot

A

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/18 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have an ATC 25 ft toy hauler with front bedroom? Seriously considering one to haul my Harley Road King. Wanting to buy shortest trailer possible, but having reservations about a 20 ft with Happi-Jac bed sleeping over the bike. Also can’t decide if the generator/fueling station is worth the $7750? Will be towing with a low mileage 1996 Ford 7.3 diesel 3/4 ton 4 WD. Any words of wisdom from experienced users?

Wild Card

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/18 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your good on the truck. If your gonna dry camp anywhere the gen will pay for itself.

2015 Ram 3500 Dually
2017 Voltage Triton 2951

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/18 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are several ATC owners here that will chime in I am sure.

I've owned my last RV without a built in generator, never again, but that is personal preference. I do believe that resale is much easier and better values with a generator. If you dry camp a lot they are great, or if you are going to put in a solar system with plenty of batteries. Lots of pro's and con's to weigh but it all really depends on your camping style and budget.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2007 Four Winns Horizon 190
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

LowRyter

OKC

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/18 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can get a roll on champion generator for a few 100 $$. You'll only need it to run the air or charge the batteries. Just roll it out when you roll out the bike. Keep a gas can in the truck bed.

you might appreciate a front bedroom when on the road and you want to overnight it without unloading.

The Ford has a good reputation. it should pull a light weight 25 footer.

I have a lightweight 5th wheel, not sure if they make them anymore. But it's easy to hitch and pull. Has a front bedroom.

John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/18 11:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The quality of ATC toy haulers is easily seen with a quick comparison to a traditionally built rv. Were on our 1st year in a 28 front bedroom with genny.

Not sure on your request for space, but rest assured the coach comes highly recommended.

toddb

az

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/18 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was told I could do a genny w/o the fuel station. I see now they are going to offer a 5th wheel so I'm going hold out to see what that entails.

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/18 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see most dealers are not ordering stock units with genny. Ours came from the factory installed. We love it.

A fifth wheel will be interesting. For us too much. Best of luck.

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/18 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toddb wrote:

I was told I could do a genny w/o the fuel station. I see now they are going to offer a 5th wheel so I'm going hold out to see what that entails.

It all depends what you like if your off roading it's nice to have the fuel on-board keeping in mind the on-board fuel runs your genny as well. If you don't use a lot of fuel you can always opt for a propane genny too. Another option propane jenny and a fuel station.

Spilot

A

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/18 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fifth wheel is interesting. Never pulled one but hear once you do you will never go back to bumper pull. Hate to give up my truck bed with topper for storage, and truck is also a short box.

toddb

az

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dirtclods wrote:

It all depends what you like if your off roading it's nice to have the fuel on-board keeping in mind the on-board fuel runs your genny as well. If you don't use a lot of fuel you can always opt for a propane genny too. Another option propane jenny and a fuel station.

We do ride in AZ, but nothing more than 2 5 gal cans can't take care of. We only dry camp and my preference is towards solar and the only thing 120v is the wife's hair dryer.

I'm with you on giving up the cap on the truck, but I'm waiting to see what the floor plan is for the 5r. I pretty much swore off stapled together trailers and the weight of these units is very attractive.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS