cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom

Spilot
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have an ATC 25 ft toy hauler with front bedroom? Seriously considering one to haul my Harley Road King. Wanting to buy shortest trailer possible, but having reservations about a 20 ft with Happi-Jac bed sleeping over the bike. Also can’t decide if the generator/fueling station is worth the $7750? Will be towing with a low mileage 1996 Ford 7.3 diesel 3/4 ton 4 WD. Any words of wisdom from experienced users?
50 REPLIES 50

Spilot
Explorer
Explorer
sgip2000 wrote:
I pull a Coleman 25' 250TQ with a 1995 F250 7.5L without issue. My trailer has a similar floorplan. I had the same dilemma. 25' is longer than I wanted, but not terrible.

Thanks. I love my 96 F250 7.5L! Been fortunate to be able to store it indoors since new, primarily highway driving and still low miles with only 75k on the clock, with no maintenance issues.

What’s your trailer weigh? I don’t have any issues towing on the plaines, but not as confident with the mountains which is one of the areas we want to camp the most.

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
I pull a Coleman 25' 250TQ with a 1995 F250 7.5L without issue. My trailer has a similar floorplan. I had the same dilemma. 25' is longer than I wanted, but not terrible.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
I thought an update on a real issue that will hit home. Our 100 gallon water tank had a slight bulge, worked fine but our local ddealer in west Michigan and ATC decided it should be replaced. Long story short the dealer alongside coaching from ATC tried to make the existing tank work. Upfront no one supports a tank like ATC. Its heavy duty aluminum strips bolted to the frame, not thin straps.
In the end the factory said bring it down and they will fix it.

2 take a ways. The exposed design and no underbelly cover ups made this slight defect observable and readily accessible.Second, the integrity of ATC to to support its dealers and customers is what this industry is sorely lacking. This company has a real future in the RV industry.

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
This fridge is about 2 sq ft smaller than the one we had in our Class A but on the few trips we've been out in it so far, it hasn't been an issue. I like that it has more space for taller items and quite a but of door storage. The freezer is bigger in this one since we don't have an ice maker (which was a waste of space in my opinion and I was the one that pushed for it - lesson learned).

Tour must have been awesome, would love to have done that - especially since they don't have a lot in way of video or info on the flip out bed. We sort of went into that on faith alone but glad we did. We love having a King bed in there. We'll see how we feel about it after spending a week in Southern Oregon in July....hopefully the AC keeps up or we may be closing her up and putting the mattress on the floor.

You're going to have a hard time waiting for September!

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks 2scootn. I was in the midwest last week and was able to stop by ATC for a tour - it was nice to meet Dale after watching so many of his videos. Good point about the microwave and a perfect solution with a cabinet above. I'll pass that along when I pick up my toy hauler.

I do have a concern with the small size of the refrigerator/freezer - do any ATC owners find this to be an issue?

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
A bit late to this post but picked up our new ATC 8.5 x 20 toy hauler on May 7th from 99 West Trailers in Tualatin, OR. We ordered from the factory back in January. The warranty is 3 years structural, 3 years limited and 1 year limited electrical - all transferable (not that we plan on getting rid of this beautiful rig). Have made some modifications already for the bed (King bed was essential, we went with the tip out and have a King tempurpedic in there now). Also went with the screen room over the rear ramp. We do hear more because it's partially a tent trailer but it's nice with the sounds of nature (not so nice with screaming kids). You will find the micro to be a bit high (in my opinion). I'm 5' 8" and reaching over my head to put something in or pull it out. It would be much better if ATC dropped it down by putting another cabinet above it that is 6-8 inches high. We pretty much got all but 6 options for $50k plus $3k shipping. LOVE IT. Looking forward to many years with this rig and also love that there's no wood in the construction. That was HUGE going from a Class A diesel pusher that had leak issues. Congratulations on your purchase stein4, you will love your rig!

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
Yes that's it, 3 yr structural. Microwave is a option - added it to the build. Glad I saw your post and did some research.

It's probably me but I'm finding the ATC website a little difficult to navigate - it looks like the info is there but scattered in different locations. It would be nice if it was like the major car dealers website where you can select a bulid your own opiton; that way it shows whats all available.

I would suggest that anyone else going through this process ask your dealer for a specific list of options available. Forexample I dry camp and through forum reseach I found that a second battery is an option. It's probably somewhere on the website but I didn't notice it.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure 1 year for all, 3yrs structural.

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
Hvac,

I thought the warranty was 3 yrs? I'm glad I saw your post; I was trying to find out info on the warranty and noticed the microwave is an option? I thought it was standard? I emailed my dealer to find out.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW.Just took mine in for warranty work, first time,and approx 14k miles. Almost 1 year so running out of time. Refrigerator light not working, breather box for genny was loose. T.v. not working. That's it. Short list. Speaks volumes.

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
Hi erip,

I ordered from Orlandi in San Jose - I will pick up at factory. Long way from SoCal; my daughters idea to pick it up. We ride dirt bikes so planing on taking our time camping and riding along the way.

Got the gen and solar - 99% of the time we dry camp (no hook ups).

That was my thought too, with we regards to the insulation. Can always add another layer of carpet or carpet pad. As you said can always add insulation later. Also as havoc mentioned nice to have it open - at some point going to have to have access to fix something.

Opitons: 4 inch lift, gen/fuel station, airline track, happijac, dinette w/2 extra cabinets over it ,solar, extra Battery (so will have 2 12v; probably go with 6 volts in a few years), cover for rear opening, cables for ramp (make it into a "porch" - wife's afraid a critter will walk up the ramp with it open)

erip
Explorer
Explorer
stein4.. who did you order froM? i am seriously considering purchasing the front bedroom 25 to full time in. which options did you order? i agree with not getting the insulation, i don't plan on being in cold weather either.. i imagine if you really miss it, it can be added down the road.. Did you get the generator or solar?> Best of luck with your rig.. they look awesome

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info havoc. I placed the order a couple days ago - factory pick up mid Sept and meander back to SoCal.

I decided to go against the insulation and go with carpet. I like the idea of it being exposed too.

Going to be back east in a couple weeks so decided to stop in for a factory tour - looking forward to it.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
We have the low rider version for our 28 front bedroom. Works for us, almost all on the highway and very stable for a huge box. But, we are careful approaching parking lots especially in Cali.

As far as insulation for the floor, the factory carpet is fine down to high 30s. That's about as cold as we go. I like it fully exposed.