Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
hvac

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/01/18 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use ours as travel trailer, the genny is used frequently at Casino parking lots, rest areas etc. It bridges a gap that motorhomes offer by having a self contained aux power with over 30 gallons of fuel. The refueling station, we never use it and I worry about the pump. I don't think you can order a propane genny.

Spilot

A

New Member

Joined: 02/20/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/18 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hvac wrote:

We use ours as travel trailer, the genny is used frequently at Casino parking lots, rest areas etc. It bridges a gap that motorhomes offer by having a self contained aux power with over 30 gallons of fuel. The refueling station, we never use it and I worry about the pump. I don't think you can order a propane genny.


Sounds like the genny’s probably the best way to go. I was considering a portable genny, but that wouldn’t work the best for the situations you describe.

What do you pull your 28 with?

hvac

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/02/18 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2015 ram eco diesel. 3.92 rear end. 8 speed. Full air suspension. Andersen wd hitch. Xl cooper tires.

* This post was last edited 03/02/18 08:11pm by hvac *   View edit history

Spilot

A

New Member

Joined: 02/20/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/05/18 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LowRyter wrote:

You can get a roll on champion generator for a few 100 $$. You'll only need it to run the air or charge the batteries. Just roll it out when you roll out the bike. Keep a gas can in the truck bed.

you might appreciate a front bedroom when on the road and you want to overnight it without unloading.

The Ford has a good reputation. it should pull a light weight 25 footer.

I have a lightweight 5th wheel, not sure if they make them anymore. But it's easy to hitch and pull. Has a front bedroom.


Thanks. I previously pulled a 24 ft Prowler travel trailer with this truck and seemed to handle it fairly well. Struggling with the idea of an extra $7k for a front bedroom, but also want to be able to sleep in the trailer with the bike inside on occasion and not sure about climbing into the Happi Jac bed over the bike! Seems a 20 ft would easier to pull and maneuver, and better fuel mileage? Without the bedroom and genny I can save $13k!

hvac

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/05/18 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sleep often in the h j but it real low. No toys, garage is a living room Works great.

These are long trailers. I think overall our 28 ball to loading ramp 33ft. Due to extended length of v frame for genny. So its one to watch carefully when cornering. I effectonatly call her stretch.

So, shorter the better. We couldn't go smaller, living in it 4 months out of the year.

jkbeaudoin

Roseburg

New Member

Joined: 03/10/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/10/18 01:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hvac,

I'm new here. Just joined so I could do some research and ask questions about the ATC. I'm looking at probably buying an ATC 25' with a front bedroom and living in it for a few months with my wife. It sounds like you've done that with yours.

Before you bought it, did you compare it to the other aluminum TH on the market, Quicksilver? My wife and I have looked at both. ATC seems to be a little higher quality and has a better floor plan, but I think the Quicksilver might be much less expensive. I also hear that Livin' Lite will quit building the Quicksilver soon, so if I decide to buy one of those, I will need to order it soon.

Thanks, John

hvac

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/11/18 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All glass widows. Metal roof. Genny in front. Quality of cabinet's and no sharp edges and doors.Ramp strength, Fit and finish.

ATC is in this for the long haul. Living lite?? Its still a no wood offering however and that separates it from the pack. 13k is a lot of money. Big decision. Resale value??

* This post was edited 03/11/18 07:37am by hvac *

jkbeaudoin

Roseburg

New Member

Joined: 03/10/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/11/18 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hvac wrote:

All glass widows. Metal roof. Genny in front. Quality of cabinet's and no sharp edges and doors.Ramp strength, Fit and finish.

ATC is in this for the long haul. Living lite?? Its still a no wood offering however and that separates it from the pack. 13k is a lot of money. Big decision. Resale value??


I do like the generator location on the ATC better. Also the cabinet strength, location, and abundance. Livin' Lite is either going to stop building aluminum frames, or stop building Quicksilver altogether this year (depending on who you ask), but the vast network of dealers will still service them in the future.

Much of the $13k difference in price is the list of options, and the shipping. They want $3500 to ship it to Oregon, but I could go pick it up for less than 1/2 of that. They also want $7750 for the Onan 5.5kw generator. I can find the same generator brand new online for 1/2 of that. How difficult is it to install? I don't think it would cost $3000-3500 just for installation. The "airline track recessed floor" tie down option is $690, but Quicksilver doesn't even have that. If I take some of that stuff out, and also just have standard white or black paint, the prices of Quicksilver and ATC are much closer.

I keep wondering about resale value also. Is there a strong enough demand for the ATC that you can sell one easily after 5-10 years? Are there enough buyers willing to pay the extra for the lightweight, no rust, no rot option? I know I am. I would buy a used one right now if I could find one, but there are none I can locate in the country. That makes me think it would be easy to sell later, but it probably depends on what's available in the market when you try to sell. I know the majority of buyers want the plush amenities in a wood built TH more than the durability of aluminum, or else there would be more companies building the aluminum.

It's true that I have a big decision. Right now I'm about worn out from doing research for the last several months.

hvac

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/15/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/11/18 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its important to know ATC has been building the toy haulers for just a few years. They are known for race car and custom built units. Ill send you a private message on a possible dealer.

Spilot

A

New Member

Joined: 02/20/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/15/18 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jkbeaudoin wrote:

hvac wrote:

All glass widows. Metal roof. Genny in front. Quality of cabinet's and no sharp edges and doors.Ramp strength, Fit and finish.

ATC is in this for the long haul. Living lite?? Its still a no wood offering however and that separates it from the pack. 13k is a lot of money. Big decision. Resale value??


I do like the generator location on the ATC better. Also the cabinet strength, location, and abundance. Livin' Lite is either going to stop building aluminum frames, or stop building Quicksilver altogether this year (depending on who you ask), but the vast network of dealers will still service them in the future.

Much of the $13k difference in price is the list of options, and the shipping. They want $3500 to ship it to Oregon, but I could go pick it up for less than 1/2 of that. They also want $7750 for the Onan 5.5kw generator. I can find the same generator brand new online for 1/2 of that. How difficult is it to install? I don't think it would cost $3000-3500 just for installation. The "airline track recessed floor" tie down option is $690, but Quicksilver doesn't even have that. If I take some of that stuff out, and also just have standard white or black paint, the prices of Quicksilver and ATC are much closer.

I keep wondering about resale value also. Is there a strong enough demand for the ATC that you can sell one easily after 5-10 years? Are there enough buyers willing to pay the extra for the lightweight, no rust, no rot option? I know I am. I would buy a used one right now if I could find one, but there are none I can locate in the country. That makes me think it would be easy to sell later, but it probably depends on what's available in the market when you try to sell. I know the majority of buyers want the plush amenities in a wood built TH more than the durability of aluminum, or else there would be more companies building the aluminum.

It's true that I have a big decision. Right now I'm about worn out from doing research for the last several months.


I’m with you on the “worn out from research” on these things. They are no doubt very nice trailers but the cost is crazy high! I’ve been researching them for months also, and no matter how I try to work the options for a relatively small travel trailer they cost more than my first house! For the money they want, one could almost buy two wood built units and use the second for spare parts. The dealers don’t seem interested in entertaining an offer below their listings, but watching inventory nationwide they don’t seem to be flying off the lots either. I’ve previously owned much less expensive trailers and was able to get quite a few good years of use from them with a little TLC, and had no trouble selling them. Probably going to do that again and save some $$$$$!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS