Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
normal_dave

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/18 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a walk-through of the 21SW.
Desert Fox 21SW

A construction video from "cousin" company Outdoors RV, should have similar strength and features for the Northwood Desert Fox, as I have read they get their frames from the same place, and share design/construction systems for efficiency in manufacturing
Outdoors RV construction

1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

jkbeaudoin

Roseburg

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/18 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked out the video on the DF 21 foot. I think we will need more room now that we're getting a bigger truck. I looked at the 25 and 27 foot DF, and really like them too, but they are just about as expensive as the ATC. That Outdoors RV looks pretty well built too. I've never seen one of those. If I knew where in Oregon the factory was, I might go check them out. I'm in Oregon too.

normal_dave

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/18 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ORV is in LaGrande, and about a rock's throw from Northwood, who makes Arctic Fox, Nash, and of course the Desert Fox TH. Both will schedule a plant tour if you wish.

I may have muddied the water a bit, ORV doesn't have a toy hauler, but the construction of the trailers is similar, and I liked the ORV video better as far as a visual for build quality. ORV was started in the old Fleetwood Wilderness plant by Ron and Sherry Nash, Ron of course also connected with Northwood.

One of the benefits of the Desert Fox is the insulation. You may never get to the desert, but you'll enjoy the tough suspension and frame, and insulation works well year round.

As much as I like the ATC, I would wonder about thermal transfer in different climates and temperature extremes with all aluminum exterior and interior.

tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/18 04:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you haven't made up your mind yet you might also look at the Lance toy haulers, haven't heard any issues with them as of yet. Lance seems to be a good quality manufacturer.

2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Spilot

A

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have an ATC without the additional four inches of growth me clearance? If yes,
have you had problems with the water tank dragging?

Spilot

A

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/18 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Ground" clearance.

stein4

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/18 10:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am going to place my order in the next day or two; 24 x 8.5 no bedroom. I have a sidexside and motorcycles so I need the room. Usually just me so the happijac bed should be fine. 19 week build time.

Opitons gen/fuel station, airline track, happijac, dinette w/2 extra cabinets over it, Maxxair,solar, extra Battery (so will have 2 12v; probably go with 6 volts in a few years)

I am back and forth on the spray foam insulation - would rather keep the underside easy to work on. Are carpets and socks enough to keep it warm. Live in Socal so don't camp much below 40 degree at night.

Form current owners Is there anything that you wish you would have added/changed after having it for a while?

Thanks for any info

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/18 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the low rider version for our 28 front bedroom. Works for us, almost all on the highway and very stable for a huge box. But, we are careful approaching parking lots especially in Cali.

As far as insulation for the floor, the factory carpet is fine down to high 30s. That's about as cold as we go. I like it fully exposed.

stein4

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/18 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info havoc. I placed the order a couple days ago - factory pick up mid Sept and meander back to SoCal.

I decided to go against the insulation and go with carpet. I like the idea of it being exposed too.

Going to be back east in a couple weeks so decided to stop in for a factory tour - looking forward to it.

erip

new york

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/18 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stein4.. who did you order froM? i am seriously considering purchasing the front bedroom 25 to full time in. which options did you order? i agree with not getting the insulation, i don't plan on being in cold weather either.. i imagine if you really miss it, it can be added down the road.. Did you get the generator or solar?> Best of luck with your rig.. they look awesome

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> ATC 25 ft toy hauler w front bedroom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS