At the end listen to possible cause

Fire at Evert's

JimR

Fresno California
20 REPLIES 20

PopBeavers
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the service writers told me that he had left at 5:30 PM and all was well at that time.

My FW was outside.
Wayne in Coarsegold near Yosemite
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2015 Ford F350 diesel 6.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed
Super Glide hitch

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Hereโ€™s an update. Who ever wrote the headline didnโ€™t read the story very carefully. They are speculating that faulty wiring was the cause.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wonder if the dealer is going to try to go after the RV owner and their insurance company for damages if in fact that is the case???
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
"Faulty wiring of RV refrigeration unit" is what the story update says caused it now. Shame no matter what the cause.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"The fire began in the auto body-paint shop. Investigators say an RV inside the building started smoldering."

Paint fumes are highly flammable.....just saying

Does it strike anyone as odd that an RV in the body-paint shop would even have the fridge turned on?

No. How else would they be able to see if the fridge is maintaining it's cooling abilities? Not saying thats the reason, but owners do have trouble with their fridges. Apparently this fridge was having problems.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26 NEWS) โ€”
UPDATE: Wednesday, Feb. 21: CalFire says the fire at Paul Evert's RV Country was caused by a refrigeration unit in an RV that was stored in the mechanic shop.

JimR

KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
As a retired fire captain I can tell you the answer to any reporter or person at the scene to the cause question, "It's under investigation."

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
A paint booth should be able to contain a fire for one hr according to NFPA standards.

I didn't read anything indicating it was in the paint booth, just that it was in the body shop building.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
A paint booth should be able to contain a fire for one hr according to NFPA standards.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Does it strike anyone as odd that an RV in the body-paint shop would even have the fridge turned on?
yep
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"The fire began in the auto body-paint shop. Investigators say an RV inside the building started smoldering."

Paint fumes are highly flammable.....just saying

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Lol, OK

I see a huge difference between the speculation of a cub reporter and that of a fire marshal, et.al.
bumpy LOL

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lol, OK
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Reporter speculated. Text said cause was under investigation.

reporter didn't speculate. she quoted a speculator.
bumpy

So a speculator spectulated to a speculator?