cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi

mfredm
Explorer
Explorer
My name is fred. thought id join the forum and start my new rv life. i'm 2 weeks from selling my house, throwing away all my stuff and going out and buying an RV. kinda scary, but I've always been a risk taker. I'm thinking going down to florida and getting a pace arrow, newmar, or winnebago, around 15 years old(thats my budget). but i also heard good things about the consignment lots in texas. Thoughts?
21 REPLIES 21

mfredm
Explorer
Explorer
yes im in south carolina now, but there so many good deals down in florida now. kinda sad old peeps selling their rvs, im old too, but **** 2011 to 2013 class a for 40 to 50K. see ya in nevada next winter

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Great choice! Have fun. Mix all the 'stuff' yet?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Whoa! Sweet!
Need a pic or 2. Have fun!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on your new rig. Enjoy!

mfredm
Explorer
Explorer
Well i took the plunge. bought a 2011 newmar baystar with the hide a leaf table, full body paint, and surround camera update. took it for a test drive and it handles like a big suv. very sweet ride, 4K under nada retail.

mfredm
Explorer
Explorer
Quick update. sold the house, ditched all the ****. hit the road with the old vw some clean clothes. i'm down south starting to look at rigs. has anyone had experience with lazydays in tampa. seen some nice stuff there, and i like the stay at their rv park and they teach about the rig.

mfredm
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all. good advice. i owned a high end boat and you know what those best days are in a boaters life!! also i never thought about the pnw, cause its so far away.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Agreed.
If youโ€™re looking x country for the right RV, donโ€™t discount the PNW and hereโ€™s why.
There are a lot of people and $$$ up here which = a good selection of used big $ RVs.
Also the weather s ucks, so there are a much higher % of RVs stored under cover, out of the sun and rain for most of the year. This = less exterior wear n tear and damage from the elements. And even though it rains vehicles donโ€™t really rust out up here because they always get a fresh water under carriage rinse!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
The best plan to full time RV has a stronger exit strategy than the entrance strategy.
This may be the best advice ever given on these forums. Well Done!!!

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an older Beaver 6 years ago. I replaced ton's of things to have everything updated. Still a great coach and no payments. We are selling our place and going full time in June of this year! Good luck in your endeavors.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
DownTheAvenue wrote:
The best plan to full time RV has a stronger exit strategy than the entrance strategy.

LOL I like this post ๐Ÿ™‚
If a die hard rv'er with tons of experience we know what we are getting into way more than someone who is a recreational weekender type.
So true how to be careful before jumping in and be sure you do have some strong exit plan in place if needed. The full time RV life is not for all even if the romance of it is there.

OP there are tons of great resources for getting a nice used motorhome! Have fun looking and finding your new home ๐Ÿ™‚

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope that you enjoy your new lifestyle. Please do not do what the previous owners of our truck & trailer did. Retired, sold the house, bought the RV, then 6 months later discovered that they had made a huge mistake. The lifestyle was not for them & they wanted out in the worst way.

Do the research before laying down a single $.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Facebook and Craigs list