cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OXIDATION REMOVAL?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Every March I wax the hybrid. Two coats of carnuba. (Mothers) The HTT is stored under cover. The sides look better than new. The front is heavily oxidized. I have used rubbing compound. Lots of work with less than stellar results. Is there a new product I can use to deoxidize the frint? It gets sun. I have considered a floor shine product for shine but not sure of this
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
9 REPLIES 9

tchil
Explorer
Explorer
One additional thing. I did 5 coats on the first trailer and only 3 on this one. Basically the additional coats were a waste since it does not really look any better after a certain point. That point will depend on how good your gelcoat is to begin with.
Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

tchil
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of threads on Zep but I just did my second trailer and it does a great job. Stripping and re-coating is really not bad when it starts to yellow in a few years. I redid one side of my previous trailer after around 3 years before I sold it to make it nice and white again. It was still shiny but started to yellow on the side that is always in the sun.
Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta be a hundred videos recommending this and no negatives that showed in my last few minutes on line.

Time to hire a couple high school/college students for the day -- eight (8) coats?! ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG64Yn1Pc6E

i'm planning to do the front of mine as soon as it warms up.
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I recently used ProtectAll Oxidation Remover. A couple of coats and it did wonders for the south side (full sun) of my former fifth-wheel.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
After cleaning and oxidation removal, try Gel Gloss. Works for me.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You can keep using strong compounds but eventually you'll run out of usable surface.
We had the gelcoat front of our last TT painted with two part epoxy paint ($800). It was expensive but the results were gorgeous and the surface was super durable.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch, seems logical.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
This may sound a little too simple, but see if it works. Put some automatic dishwashing liquid on a cloth or sponge and wipe it on the oxidized area. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse off. If dishwashing liquid is designed to remove water spots, calcium build up and what not on dishes, it will work on any surface, and not hurt the surface. Also, automatic dishwashing liquid cleans glass shower stalls marvelously! (try it).