Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: It may just be me.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> It may just be me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
bobkatmsu

clearwater, fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/18 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all I want to admit I am not the most computer literate person in the world. Actually probably not in my house, but I wonder if I am the only one on this forum that finds it not "user friendly". There are several things that I find difficult to do, that I am able to do on other forums I belong to. The search engine for one seems to be lacking along with the ease of posting pictures. I love this forum and have learned so much over the years I have participated, I just wish it could be as friendly as some other sites I'm on, so even a non-literate person like me could get around. If I'm off base I apologize, if I'm not alone maybe some other could mention some things they have problems with so maybe the site could be improved for all of us. Thanks to all of you for your great advise over the years.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The search feature is too picky. Some sites are better and some are worse.
Otherwise I'm good with this forum. Others have very annoying or mean spirited features that allow you to do rotten things to each other.
We don't need that junk here.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

mat60

maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobkatmsu wrote:

First of all I want to admit I am not the most computer literate person in the world.
Well your not alone. [emoticon]

2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

2oldman

Pahrump

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Imagine that, a post that should be moved *into* Forum technical support.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

First of all I want to admit I am not the most computer literate person in the world. Actually probably not in my house, but I wonder if I am the only one on this forum that finds it not "user friendly". There are several things that I find difficult to do, that I am able to do on other forums I belong to.

The search engine for one seems to be lacking along with the ease of posting pictures. I love this forum and have learned so much over the years I have participated, I just wish it could be as friendly as some other sites I'm on, so even a non-literate person like me could get around. If I'm off base I apologize, if I'm not alone maybe some other could mention some things they have problems with so maybe the site could be improved for all of us. Thanks to all of you for your great advise over the years.

Usually it is 'no't the particular forum but the 'user' just being comfortable and familiar with the one they have used the most and then sometimes complains that the new forum they are using/joined is not like their old one, and on an on. [emoticon]

Search engine:
1. Just ask/post what you need under whatever forum the subject is.
There are a couple of forum members with the midas touch for that search engine. They will post all links to threads on the subject!

2. Picture posting couldn't be an easier.
Put this short cut on your desk top.

Click the shortcut, drag or drop or select: it will ask you to pick a picture from you computer and boom! It provides you with an img link you copy and past into your post.

3.RVnet editor assistance
IMHO is light years ahead of the other rv forums.

IMHO I think this forum is FAR better than any of the other RV forums.. Less clutter, big reply screen, easy to read threads and 'all' of the thread easily, and easily accessed divided forums. Being able to preview your post etc. And WAY more information is provided by RV net forum members.

And the whole site downloads in nanno seconds, even on a cell phone. Because it isn't cluttered up with ten thousand rv ads on top taking up half the screen and those darn ones that still use frames.
RVnet doesn't need and/or have to cater to that much advertising like the others.

I personally think it 'works great the way it is'.

Just saying. It's free what is there to complain about? [image]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/18 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID X100 [emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rockhillmanor's post is spot on 'cept he forgot the link to the photo page. [emoticon]

Here it is:

Click HERE. Be sure to save the link, Ctrl D and put it in your tool bar. Drag or search for your picture and add it. Cut and paste, Ctrl C to cut, Ctrl V to paste the result into your post. Nothing further is required. Picture will automatically be formatted and sized for your post. Done....Dennis

THE WORLD IS CHANGED BY YOUR EXAMPLE, NOT BY YOUR OPINIONS
Dennis and Debi Ninth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/18 10:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Click HERE. Be sure to save the link, Ctrl D and put it in your tool bar. Drag or search for your picture and add it. Cut and paste, Ctrl C to cut, Ctrl V to paste the result into your post. Nothing further is required. Picture will automatically be formatted and sized for your post. Done....Dennis

modern web sites
click "add picture"
click "select picture "
done.

no web site to save, nothing, if it is already in your picture program, it will be in your post.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JK toad.

slider45

GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/18 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tried a couple of searches and taken me a few try to find some good discussions.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/18 04:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could also use google and add +rv.net to your search to limit the results to this site.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> It may just be me.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS