Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Fleetwood Valor axel size

stela
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Fleetwood Valor pop up.
Need to replace single axel with brakes. Replacing impossible to find 13" d rated tires is very expensive and super frustrating.
So I'll just fix the problem......
Anyone know what length axel is required.
The manual is highly useless. Has most other measurements.
3500lb trailer.
72inch?

Appreciate the help.
2 REPLIES 2

fairfaxjim
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a leaf spring axle or a Torflex type axle?

To replace a leaf spring axle you will need the overall length between the hub faces & the center to center distance between the spring perches. You may have to have the spring perches welded on if your spring spacing is not a standard width. I replaced both axles on my TT and had to do it that way.

I am curious though, if you have a 3500lb trailer, how have you been getting by with 13" tires? Also, what is the number of lugs on you existing hubs, 4 or 5? If 5, it should be 5 on a 4.5" bolt circle. You can simply replace the wheels & tires with 14", or even 15" if there is room inside the wheel well. If you have 4 lugs, or a smaller circle, then replace the hubs/drums with 5 bolt 4.5" bolt circle hubs and then the wheels & tires. No need to replace the entire axle/brakes in either case.
Jim & JoAnne
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a tag or some labeling on the axle with a model number. I believe, from past Coleman ownership,the axles were made by Dexter. You may want to go to Dexter's website to see if you can match it up. Dexter Axle

Also, if you haven't yet, go to PopupPortal.com and register. There you can pull up resources such as owner and parts manuals, not to mention lots of members that can answer your questions.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU