cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rid-A-Rat

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there that's used this product? It's supposed to stop pack rat damage. We experienced this last year. Something chewed the wires on our #8 cylinder causing a misfire. Would like to hear from anyone who has tried this product. In 11 years of full-timing, we had never experienced this problem!
9 REPLIES 9

Clay_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Rid-A-Rat seems to really work! A friend in Phoenix AZ was having problems with wires being chewed up. Then he installed a Rid-A-Rat in his engine compartment (15 months ago) and has had no more problems since. The flashing LED seems to be working to keep the rodents away!

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
OP stated PACKRats. whole different issue other than they like to eat wires with soy based insulation and furniture. We are out in the desert and use light strings around the coach. They don't care to get into the light as owls can see them more easily. Has worked in our park for some years. When we park the car for any period of time we open the hood and run a solar powered light in it.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mix equal parts of corn meal, plaster of Paris and sugar and put in shallow dishes or saucers on the ground under and around your rig.

Unlike poisons or traps you donโ€™t end up with a tiny stinky carcass in your unit. Rodents that eat the mixture immediately head for water after consuming it, thatโ€™s a fatal mistake.

RogerMorales
Explorer
Explorer
All we want is to get rid of the pests quickly! Using rat poison may do the wonders. But sometimes pests too trick the traps. In such scenarios, getting professionals like pest control rats Roseville CA (http://pinnaclepest.com/roseville-pest-control-servicecenter/) to do the rat extermination is your best bet to stop these nasty creatures from invading our place. They know exactly how to treat the problem.

AlaskaShooter
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Rat Zapper. Since I bought mine several years ago I discovered Victor makes a better rat trap. They have an electric shock trap that kills rats and mice. What I didn't realize is rats have the ability to restart their hearts once zapped by my unit. If the buggers get zapped and recover the Victor zaps em again till they are dead.

Happy Hunting. Kill the Rat Bastards
2006 F-550, Crew cab, 4x4 w/factory bed getting 12 mpg @ 50,000 miles
2006 Lance 1191
2006 Wells Cargo 14' Cycle Wagon
2017 Grand Design 5th wheel with EezTire TPMS
2017 F-450 4x4 crew cab King Ranch

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I use Rat Bar

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
keymastr wrote:
It is just a flashing LED. Probably not the greatest at deterring rats. I would think a better solution could be found. The reviews are pretty mixed on Amazon.

I have a feeling that a flashing light would be about as effective as one of those things you plug into an electrical outlet that turns your whole house into some sonic sound that drives all pests...mammilian and insect...away! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
It is just a flashing LED. Probably not the greatest at deterring rats. I would think a better solution could be found. The reviews are pretty mixed on Amazon.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
All kinds of posts here on getting rid of/preventing mouse and rat invasions. Anything from mothballs to dryer sheets to spring-traps to straight-out rat poison. The little suckers will find a way into your RV. You just need to be able to get rid of them as soon as they do....I've found that spring traps are best, but you gotta check on them frequently so the carcass doesn't start to stink.....hard smell to get out...........
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------