cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmart Kingman Arizona

Jakessweetthing
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone has ever spent the night in the parking lot in Kingman Arizona. We just want to stop for the night. Not sure though because it will be the end of June, opinions please, and thanks
Loves to camp in a 5er ๐Ÿ™‚
11 REPLIES 11

Jakessweetthing
Explorer
Explorer
Jakessweetthing wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has ever spent the night in the parking lot in Kingman Arizona. We just want to stop for the night. Not sure though because it will be the end of June, opinions please, and thanks

We will be on our way to the Grand Canyon and we just need a place to overnight. I was just wondering if ANYONE else had stayed at this Walmart before. We might try the Cracker Barrel close by as suggested
Loves to camp in a 5er ๐Ÿ™‚

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Alxcook wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
School's out. Lots of kids with cars. Probably not a good idea, unless there's safety in numbers. Scope it out and decide.
Or, there are 2 Walmarts in Flagstaff, if you can adjust your timing. The one at the east end of town is newer and we've stayed there before, no problems.
We've stayed at the one just off I-17 in town and it's a bit more run down. No problems staying there, either.
There's a campground near Williams, on 47 off 64 north called Kaibab Lake Campground, that's very nice.
You might find a place to boondock in Seligman just east of Kingman on the old Route 66.
There are a few options in the area.

I got kicked out of the Walmart in Flagg near NUA about 10 years ago, police showed up at 2am and told me I had to leave immediately, no camping allowed. Proceeded to drive out of town half asleep to a dirt road where I put a branch thru my window on the RV......then it started to rain. So much fun............

We overnighted at the I-17 one back in 2008. Saw people with clipboards walking around the parking lots talking to the other boondockers. Had no idea what they were doing. It was getting dark, and we were just bedding down, when there was a tapping on the side door. Opened up, and a nice young lady asked me if I we were registered to vote in the Federal Election. I suggested she check my licence tags. She went to the back of the vehicle, kind of shrugged, came back and asked me again, if I wanted to register to vote.

We've never asked if it was OK to stay at a Walmart. If someone else was there already, we stayed, and we always do some commerce with the store before leaving. We've also never been asked to leave a Walmart parking lot, either, by the management or staff. If there was overnight maintenance ongoing, or starting later on, we would try to park out of the way or move.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Alxcook
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
School's out. Lots of kids with cars. Probably not a good idea, unless there's safety in numbers. Scope it out and decide.
Or, there are 2 Walmarts in Flagstaff, if you can adjust your timing. The one at the east end of town is newer and we've stayed there before, no problems.
We've stayed at the one just off I-17 in town and it's a bit more run down. No problems staying there, either.
There's a campground near Williams, on 47 off 64 north called Kaibab Lake Campground, that's very nice.
You might find a place to boondock in Seligman just east of Kingman on the old Route 66.

I got kicked out of the Walmart in Flagg near NUA about 10 years ago, police showed up at 2am and told me I had to leave immediately, no camping allowed. Proceeded to drive out of town half asleep to a dirt road where I put a branch thru my window on the RV......then it started to rain. So much fun............

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
there's a Cracker Barrel just north of Walmart's parking lot that let us stay there.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
For available Walmart stays download the ALLSTAYS Walmart Camping app.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
The proper way to handle this is to go into the store and ask the management.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
we stayed in one wally world in Utah and some kid with a load muffler used the parking lot as his race track. made me want to put out a set of spikes strips for him

Been there, (wanted to) done that.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed in one wally world in Utah and some kid with a load muffler used the parking lot as his race track. made me want to put out a set of spikes strips for him

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
If u r worried about it, go in and ask the manager.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
This is from Allstays.

"This store has gone back and forth over the years. Feb 2018: Class C. Stayed. Did not ask permission. No problem. Noisy at night. loud talk. loud car exhaust. what happens at WallyWorld stays at WallyWorld. Walmart closed at midnight. Jan 2018: RV. Spent an uneventful night with about a dozen other RVs. Lots of No Overnight Camping signs but no one bothered us. Sep 2017: Okay. Jul 2017: About 20 Rvs in the lot."
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog