cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any year round in Ontario

bugselda
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to the forum and so far I have only been tenting. We are considering buying a small travel trailer. We love to fish year round and would like to find a park on water that we could have a year round site so we could go to our trailer summer and winter. We do not want a park model though because we also want to do a cross Canada trip before settling in. Are there year round places in Northern or Eastern Ontario? I have only been able to find a couple provincial parks for day use and anything else I Google say's seasonal once I get into the site. Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

bugselda
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
bugselda wrote:
Are there year round places in Northern or Eastern Ontario?

I guess that kind of depends on what you consider to be โ€˜Northernโ€™ Ontario.

As a pilot โ€˜northernโ€™ Ontario is definitely NOT Muskoka / Halliburton cottage country. To me Northern Ontario is the same distance north of Toronto as Pensacola Florida is south. About 1,000 miles.

I agree. I prefer North of Huntsville. Been to Wawa a couple times and was married North of Nipigon. I would like to be within an hr of Pemrboke or Sudbury so we could go weekends while working. Every place seems to just be a place to camp not set up year round. I wanted to fish summer and winter. I would just get a property on a lake but towns do not seem to allow your rv for more than 6 weeks.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
road2002runner wrote:
some consider 24 May earliest camping. I have been to N.Bay in May lakes still frozen.

BBT

Ice Fishing!

Make sure to wear a life jacket.

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
road2002runner wrote:
some consider 24 May earliest camping. I have been to N.Bay in May lakes still frozen.

BBT

Ice Fishing!
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer

BBT
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
bugselda wrote:
Are there year round places in Northern or Eastern Ontario?

I guess that kind of depends on what you consider to be โ€˜Northernโ€™ Ontario.

As a pilot โ€˜northernโ€™ Ontario is definitely NOT Muskoka / Halliburton cottage country. To me Northern Ontario is the same distance north of Toronto as Pensacola Florida is south. About 1,000 miles.

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
A few Ontario Provincial Parks are open year round.
You can go on their reservation system and find out which ones.

I found 3 parks currently open for RVs:
Mew Lake at Algonquin Park,
And on Lake Huron: McGregorPoint, Pinery

But I guess you know you'll be camping in sub-zero weather, with all the issues with that. And none of these sites will have water or dump stations available. But I think electricity should be.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
You don't have to go too far north in Ontario before winter get really, REALLY cold and lots of snow !

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Valens operated by Hamilton Conservation Area might work for you if it is not too far. I believe they have camping every month but December (some law prevents 12 months camping). It is situated on a small lake.
Valens is south of Cambridge.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Google search - year round camping in ontario canada

Can't guarantee fishing at any of them, but if they're close to lakes, they might have what you want.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer