Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Missing Posts??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Joe417

AL

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/18 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From time to time I reply to a post and the reply later disappears. My routine is to type it and post. Once posted, the post updates with my input and I then re-read the post for typos and missing words and edit if necessary. I assumed that once the reply updated to the conversation it was part of the post.

This has been happening for some time, maybe 6 month to a year, not sure exactly how long and it doesn't happen routinely. Maybe 5 or 6 times. Today I re-read the post about 30 minute later and it was there. 4 hours later it was gone.

The post in question wasn't of a controversial nature.

I've seen many posts/replies over the years where the content of the post is missing but the header is still there. I assumed these were due to improper content or they were removed by the contributer.

Once a comment is made can/does someone/a moderator completely remove an entire post or reply.

Joe & Evelyn

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/18 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, and sometimes an entire thread.

I don't know if that is what is happening, in your case. A polite inquiry of the moderator(s) of the forum in which the post was made, might get tell you.

I used to send a private message explaining why a post was deleted. Unfortunately, most took the message as an invitation to debate - usually with profanity. I think most of the moderators have had the same experience, hence no more private messages.

Tom

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe417 wrote:

Once a comment is made can/does someone/a moderator completely remove an entire post or reply.

Yes. A necessary part of keeping the forum civil.

Alas, all of the moderators here seem to think that they have NO obligation to inform the author of WHY the posts are removed. That is just rude and counter-productive.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Joe417

AL

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, I just wasn't sure that and entire reply would be deleted. I don't really think this was a moderator delete as there was nothing controversial.

I stated what sealers I had used and what issues I had had with them.

But who knows, maybe I ticked someone off.

Joe & Evelyn

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe417 wrote:

But who knows, maybe I ticked someone off.

The technology running this forum is REALLY old and maintenance seems pretty spotty so it wouldn't be surprising if things got lost.

BUT.....we can only speculate and wonder when there is no notification of manual deletions. And no response to inquiries like yours either.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS