Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Cummins Water Pump
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Cummins Water Pump

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
Greene728

Newnan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/18 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
2017 Grand Design 303RLS
2015 Ram 3500 CC 4x4 6.7 Cummins
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

YnotTurbo

Waldorf Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/18 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I rec'd notification too, but not from the dealer yet. Also rec'd the steering column notification. Will take the truck in for both soon.

Navy Chief (Ret.)Still working. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, 4:10 Geared and 900 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/YnotTurbo/Mobile%20Uploads/image_21.jpeg

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All manufacturers practice Lean Manufacturing these days and the supply chain is setup up to produce just enough product just in time to meet the production schedule and some extra quantity to support repairs. Having said that no one produces additional parts to cover a major recall and have parts setting on the shelf ready to ship to all the dealers overnight.

From what I was told dealers are on allocation of 7-10 pumps maximum and have to consume these pumps before they can order more. Consider yourself lucky with getting a phone call early in the game.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Tough"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Jim2007

Greeley, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/18 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi.. my 2016 dodge 2500 truck is in the recall for a water pump. No word from my dealer yet. Jim2007

TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a notice in the mail late last week indicating that parts are available. I'm going to call my dealer this week to see if I can get it in for both the water pump and SCR recall.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't gotten any sort of notice yet. I'm not too worried with only 8000 miles on my (second) water pump but I'll be glad to get it checked off the list when I can.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fish is correct, they are only letting dealers have them 7-10 at a time. The best thing you can do is schedule your truck to be repaired a month in advance so that they can save a water pump for you when they get them in. Otherwise you are just waiting until they have extra. That is how I got mine done so quickly.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greene728 wrote:

Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.

So what should they do??? Not tell you anything then one day get a call and say go to your Dealer????

Wow what an inconvenience!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to "Official Mopar Site Recalls" put in your Vin # and you will see everything that has been done and yet to be.

They ONLY replace the pumps that look like mine. Notice the shaft is flush to end of pulley. If yours stick past they will NOT replace it. Also mine has a rough casting on the tapered end of the pulley. the "GOOD" one has a ring around the tapered end that is machined smooth and has letters cast into the tapered edge.

[image]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Genos garage has new style Cummins brand pumps for $49.95, idk why they’re so cheap, and gates pumps for $68. Not sure why one would even wait to do it.
I can’t drive to the dealer and back twice with 2 vehicles for that much. Not to mention the time spent dicking around with the dealer.
$50 and an hour in the driveway = fixed.
Worst cast $160 in the driveway = fixed. Still better than the dealer option imo.
Don’t trip over dollars to pick up cents.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Cummins Water Pump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS