cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cummins Water Pump

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
108 REPLIES 108

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
SweetLou wrote:
I don't get this. I drove into the dealer, spent 10 min, they had the part, scheduled the truck to go in about 5 days later. Then went in, got replaced and I drove home. Why all the stories about rationing or mileage requests etc? Could not have been any easier.

I thought it would also be simple, I know my water pump is the one on the recall. I won't bother to go thru all of what I have had, but its been a hassle.

You would have had to be there, and hear what the service guy had to say , anyway they wouldn't inspect the pump yesterday for too many reasons to list. I called a couple weeks ago ,and they said I could stop in ,and get the inspection to verify that it was on the recall, well that didn't work. Got an appointment now for Monday, and then I can go from there.

Hard to believe that in Utah you would get treated worse than Calif. I literally had a pleasant experience. Even washed and cleaned the inside of my truck better than I could.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ron3rd wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Seems like you can buy as many of the genuine Cummins pumps as you want online for about $50 thus the reason I don't get the rationing "

Why do you think the people like Geno's have an unlimited supply?

My point exactly. You tell me.

I say they don't have an unlimited supply. I'm asking why u think they do.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Seems like you can buy as many of the genuine Cummins pumps as you want online for about $50 thus the reason I don't get the rationing "

My point exactly. You tell me.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
SweetLou wrote:
I don't get this. I drove into the dealer, spent 10 min, they had the part, scheduled the truck to go in about 5 days later. Then went in, got replaced and I drove home. Why all the stories about rationing or mileage requests etc? Could not have been any easier.

I thought it would also be simple, I know my water pump is the one on the recall. I won't bother to go thru all of what I have had, but its been a hassle.

You would have had to be there, and hear what the service guy had to say , anyway they wouldn't inspect the pump yesterday for too many reasons to list. I called a couple weeks ago ,and they said I could stop in ,and get the inspection to verify that it was on the recall, well that didn't work. Got an appointment now for Monday, and then I can go from there.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
My replacement was simple too.
And got the parking brake recall done at the same time.

And changed engine oil/filter, and fuel filters, and differential & transfer case fluids too.

Took 3-4 hrs (not counting lunch break),
but now she's good to go.

They gave me the rest of the OAT in the jug, and said to check the level for a few days, cause it might "burp" some.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Anyone ever think the dealers might claim the rationing to discourage go.ls getting warranty on them?? I know, not likely with dealers being so honest and scrupulous and all....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
Range Maggot Bob wrote:
Greene728 wrote:
Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.

Lucky you. I made my appointment about 3 weeks ago, after I got the paperwork saying they are ready to do the water pump thing. This morning (Sat.) I got a call from the service manager saying they hadn't got the parts in yet, but I'm on the list. I also love my truck, but this is at least the fourth re-call, and it's getting kind of old.

Well, they called up and cancelled me. Still waiting...

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to see if Ram will pay you if you have the pump changed out yourself.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
Just took mine in this week and I've got one of the bad ones that needs to be replaced.

I need to bring it back as the dealer says they're only allowed 1 water pump about every 14 days, which I believe based on what others have said on this forum.

I don't get the rationing of water pumps since they're so cheap to begin with.

The rationing is required to spread a limited supply of water pumps to all the dealers to make the overall change out quicker.

Again it's not the price but the production capacity that limits dealer stock quantities.

Seems like you can buy as many of the genuine Cummins pumps as you want online for about $50 thus the reason I don't get the rationing
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
Just took mine in this week and I've got one of the bad ones that needs to be replaced.

I need to bring it back as the dealer says they're only allowed 1 water pump about every 14 days, which I believe based on what others have said on this forum.

The rationing is required to spread a limited supply of water pumps to all the dealers to make the overall change out quicker.

Again it's not the price but the production capacity that limits dealer stock quantities.

And that is why some dealers are asking for mileage numbers, and attempting to do the higher mileage ones first.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ron3rd wrote:

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer

Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000