cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame campground suggestion

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Wanting to find a recommended campground outside of Cleveland so as to not have to drive the rig in the city. Want to visit the Hall of fame and any other interesting suggestions you might know of . Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
We used the KOA in Twinsburg last fall. Honestly, the R&R HoF was quite a letdown for us. Apparently not just us, look at Trip Advisor, too. The KOA was fine, not too bad a ride to Cleveland. We used the Science Museum parking garage next door to the HoF. The Science Museum was REALLY good, however! Go there, then go to a Hard Rock Cafe - will be better than the HoF!!! We also visited Cuyahoga Valley National Park - that's about 20 min or so from the KOA. You could easily spend a couple days wandering around there. NOT your typical National Park...
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everybody that replied. We have Omega loaded and she is ready to pull out tomorrow morning with her little sidekick, Jeepie. Making a grand loop south to north, east to west, west to south and back east to Florida. Probably be back home in December unless we have another bad hurricane year. Y'all have a wonderful summer! Watch out Cleveland, we are headed your way too....

Sultan1966
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Hans Freightliner in Cleveland for a week but it cost me over $5k in repairs..
Donโ€™t stay there..itโ€™s like the โ€œHotel Californiaโ€...but hey they do great work and I give them an A+
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV with Cummins 425hp ISL (Louie) with 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (Roscoe) with Golf Cart in back (Forrest Gump).
Wife, I and our two dogs are Full-Timers

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Punderson State Park is one option and I think it's about 45 minutes to the Hall of Fame. Another option would be the KOA in Streetsboro. We've stayed there many times and it's a nice park and about 40 minutes or so. I suggest avoiding the commuting hours as traffic can be heavy. If you have time and it's in your area of interest, consider a visit to the art museum or the botanical gardens as both are excellent. And, take a drive down the Cuyahoga valley. Enjoy your visit!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
There is a KOA at exit 212 (Madison/Thomson) about 40 miles East of Cleveland. I grew up out there. Nice park, quiet area and plenty of wineries out there if you are into that. As said above itโ€™s about a 45minute-hour drive into town.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Campgrounds are pretty scarce in Cleveland Metro. I grew up there as well. I would suggest the Crawford Auto Museum and the Cleveland Institute of Art as well as the Cleveland Zoo. On the subject of the Zoo, they might have RV parking there. I'd give them a call.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

polly_sue
Explorer
Explorer
The only rv park within a reasonable drive of downtown is the KOA in Twinsburg. Otherwise you will have an hour commute. We raised our family in the CLE and now live out west, but we return every summer. The KOA is right off I-480 E, so itโ€™s not inconvenient.