Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Merchandise Certificate
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Merchandise Certificate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Frankpunk

Lockport

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/18 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

why in heck is that the 10$ certificate cannot be used on line this is the most stupid thing i ever ran across

Dave in TN

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/18 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty dumb business move. I had one last year I had planned to use online. When I realized I couldn't, my choice was to either drive an hour to the nearest CW store to make the purchase, or buy from another online seller. Turns out Amazon had what I wanted, and it was still cheaper than the CW purchase would have been WITH the $10 off. So CW's short sightedness caused me to shift my RV supply purchasing habits over to another retailer.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Frankpunk,

Thank you for your time and post, I apologize that the $10.00 merchandise certificate can not be used online.
Merchandise certificates and coupons are geared to help drive business into the Camping World retail stores. However, we do acknowledge that many of our customers do not live near a store. You have the option to send in the merchandise certificate/coupon for an online order, and we can reimburse your credit card.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/18 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

they want you in the store to impulse buy at an inflated price.
bumpy

Frankpunk

Lockport

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/18 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i just signed up for this forum for this reason only i to just ordered what i needed from a different vendor my daughter just bought a new trailer at camping world i got just a bad taste in my mouth that my days are numbered buying from camping world

seagrace

Somewhere in the wilderness

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/18 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmmm. I have to use my certificate (if it ever arrives), so I guess I"m going to CW. It will be the only purchase I make there as the prices are simply not competitive unless you apply a compensating discount.

Timster

Stanton Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/18 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

and to top it off they have taken away the free shipping unless you now spend 39 dollars,i am pretty sure my shopping at Camping World is over

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/18 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Timster,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. The free shipping promotion is for qualifying items only. Restrictions include freight items, custom orders and express delivery. Good Sam members and non-members pay for flat rate shipping.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

* This post was edited 03/19/18 04:06pm by Good Sam Care Team *

Timster

Stanton Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/18 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are no qualifying items.I ordered 2 roof vents last week and they had free shipping,now if I go in and try to order the same thing it pops up and says I need to spend 39 dollars.What this boils down to is the fact that you have changed the rules in the middle of the road even though your publications still say free shipping every day.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/18 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Timster,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, please provide your order number for the roof vents you ordered last week in a private message. I will have the order team look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Merchandise Certificate
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS