Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas costs in BC are.....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
https://imgur.com/a/yfkNl

Rats..it is photo-shopped. I called the station...which is what I should have done at the outset.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
17 REPLIES 17

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from taxes, this happens in south western BC every time refineries go down for maintenance. BC has one refinery and gets most of its fuel from Alberta and Washington state. Vancouver airport gets all of its jet fuel from a Washington refinery. Obstructionism in BC makes getting new energy projects just about impossible, especially if they involve oil, so things aren't about to change.

Hope that isn't too political for this place because it isn't intended to be. It is just reality.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Willcamp4
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget that those are Canadian dollars. Currently the exchange rate is $.78 US to $1.00 Canadian.
Willcamp4
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.7L PSTD, Air Lift rear suspension.
Alpenlite Valhalla Limited Fifth Wheel, two Solar panels, four six-volt batteries, two Honda EU2000i generators

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
So now word is that we will be paying $1.60/liter in 2-3 weeks, the highest of all time.....:M

It's time to start crossing the border to fuel up again.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
MACHZER wrote:
BC has gone the way of California. The Gov has imposed many green taxes that only hurts the economy. $1.53 a litre and poss higher than $1.60 per litre by summer. Rest of the Prairie Provinces are down to .98 to 1.02 a litre and then back up in Ontario with the same mentality Gov to 1.39 last time I was there this winter

Absolutely NUTS

I am fighting the urge to make a political comment as to why certain jurisdictions have prices 30-40% higher than other jurisdiction's, but that would get me in trouble and this thread shut down. Suffice to say those jurisdiction's with the higher prices have only got what they asked for.
If enough people don't like it they can change it at the next election.
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel doesn't fluctuate as much as gasoline up here, but that could change at any moment, if the various governments decide to add further frivolous taxes to our already overtaxed backs, so beware.
Don't let the "Welcome our American friends to Canada, with your stronger dollars" nonsense fool you. Americans aren't saving anything with their stronger greenbacks, if everything up here is so much more expensive for the same stuff, that the forex advantage is negated.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
MNGeeks61 wrote:
what the ...?

I haven't checked lately but I thought the entire US was under 4 bucks a gallon.

Minnesota $2.48 avg. Ca 3.50 or so.
Canada avg looks like around 4.36-4:50 according to GasBuddy.

I feel for you canucks! (and hopefully I don't offend, I spent 6 years close to Canadian border in my younger years, Pembina/Cavalier/Walhalla, ND area)

Premium gas is still under 4.00/gal here in southern Cal for the most part. I can still get diesel for 3.49/gal or about 117/liter depending on the exchange rate.

Looks like I'l have set aside a few more bucks for our trip through Canada.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
None taken. It's our own fault for not following your lead all those years ago.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
what the ...?

I haven't checked lately but I thought the entire US was under 4 bucks a gallon.

Minnesota $2.48 avg. Ca 3.50 or so.
Canada avg looks like around 4.36-4:50 according to GasBuddy.

I feel for you canucks! (and hopefully I don't offend, I spent 6 years close to Canadian border in my younger years, Pembina/Cavalier/Walhalla, ND area)

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
MACHZER wrote:
BC has gone the way of California. The Gov has imposed many green taxes that only hurts the economy. $1.53 a litre and poss higher than $1.60 per litre by summer. Rest of the Prairie Provinces are down to .98 to 1.02 a litre and then back up in Ontario with the same mentality Gov to 1.39 last time I was there this winter

Absolutely NUTS

You are exactly right, especially in the Lower Mainland. It is beyond ridiculous and our carbon tax is going up again at the beginning of April. :M
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Across the border here, near Port Huron, MI, the price per US gallon was US$2.24 at Sam's Club, and the area low average was US$2.29.
That same US gallon in US currency in Ontario would cost US$3.54.
ONTARIO, what's wrong with this picture??????

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
MACHZER wrote:

Absolutely NUTS

Just to put this in perspective for U.S. customers, the $1.53 (Canadian) per liter is equivalent to about $4.46 U.S. dollars per gallon. Still ridiculously high but no worse than some places in Southern California, for instance.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Rats..it is photo-shopped. I called the station...which is what I should have done at the outset.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

MACHZER
Explorer
Explorer

Absolutely NUTS
Clandeboye , Manitoba

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Is that per litre or per gallon? If it's per litre it's too much, if per gallon it's correct. ๐Ÿ™‚