cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My fingers are crossed

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Im taking a short trip up to Oneonta, New York tomorrow and I decided to take the TC as opposed to staying in a motel. So I decided to dewinterize the water system so I can shower in the morning and also just to do it, I mean using all the systems in the cold weather. I dont know how cold it will be up there but what the hell,around 2005 I had two jobs and would stay in tc in all weather during the week with no problems. Its been a long time and Im hoping I didnt forget any of the steps of dewinterizing. Wish me luck and if anybody has any tips or advise Im all ears , Thanks Lou
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Deciding to shower daily is a good one.

โ€œWhat is dewinterize?โ€ Thatโ€™s when you wishes it werenโ€™t winter, Area. Duh.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
mattyj wrote:
jimh425 wrote:
It looks like it is getting down to 5 F Sat night. Water heaters are expensive if they freeze. Do you have a heated basement or is your water heater protected? Obviously, it would be if it was on. ๐Ÿ™‚
I dont have a basement but I will leave the water heater on the whole time anyway
Thats why I love truck campers ,their versitility and ๐Ÿ˜‰ they are ( or supposed to be ) 4 seasons campers and although this one is 14 years old it has a furnace and Im gonna use it and water heater also .
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
What is dewinterize? ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck OP, sure you'll be good.

Seriously though, love that I live in a mild area where I don't winterize and get to use my boat and RV's 12 months a year. We rarely get below 25-30. Last month was the first calendar month I missed using my boat in 5 years, got out March 3rd.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
It looks like it is getting down to 5 F Sat night. Water heaters are expensive if they freeze. Do you have a heated basement or is your water heater protected? Obviously, it would be if it was on. ๐Ÿ™‚
I dont have a basement but I will leave the water heater on the whole time anyway

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member