cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Attitude/Lippert Coupler issues

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
a friend has a new Attitude tag (not sure model but its a big 'un)In the desert three weeks ago and the coupler failed, he could not open it up to rehitch. It's a "Bulldog" coupler, anyone heard about this? Any idea what it is? I don't have any photos, trying to find some now.

The trailer had to be left at a RV repair shop in Cal City and he's having a hell of a time getting repair authorization from anyone.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
5 REPLIES 5

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Bulldog hitches have a pretty good reputation, so I'm surprised to hear this. If it were an old one I'd say maybe rust or dirt had it bound up, and a good clean-n-lube could fix it. But a new one?? Maybe mfr defect?
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
I told him he should pay the local shop to make it towable or put it on a flat bed and dump it at the original dealership.

Sounds like Attitude, Lippert and Bulldog are all arguing on who's at fault. In the meantime his trailer is is not very secure.

I agree with you. The dealer should send a flatbed or they should be responsible for towing it. I had issues with my axles and they sent a transportation company to my house to pick up my trailer for the warranty work.

Lippert will likely be responsible. Eclipse/Attitude buys the frame from Lippert. Lippert warranties the frame, axles, pretty much anything frame related. It's all in the manual. He shouldn't have to lift a finger. The original dealership should fix and they'll deal with payment or how it gets repaired.
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I told him he should pay the local shop to make it towable or put it on a flat bed and dump it at the original dealership.

Sounds like Attitude, Lippert and Bulldog are all arguing on who's at fault. In the meantime his trailer is is not very secure.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy
Been there done that, but mine was a PullRite. I couldn't uncouple it, eventually I removed the pins from the bed and left the hitch hanging. Then I was able to work on it, finally I got the jaw to release and was able to lower it in to the bed of my truck. A good hammer is what did it. But in the end I found that the head had locked up and had to get a new one. I won't go into details but I did not end up with a warm fuzzy feeling about PullRite after that.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your buddyโ€™s situation- From what I heard a few times is that the Manufacturer fights with the rv repair shops because they try and overcharge.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker