cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help reinstalling travler dish

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had to send back our travler and just got it back. It found all three sats but nothing to the tv. We were running off a regular dish permanently mounted so is there some setting we need to do on our hopper?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do not want to replace the Trav'ler LNB if you have a Hopper 3. However, it does take a couple of extra steps which I believe were posted here in a separate topic. As I recall you must, at least, keep the Hopper turned off during the search and turn it on once the antenna is locked. I think you also had to add a DPH42 switch to make the Trav'ler work with the Hopper 3.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update. We are back on the permanent dish. The Travler wonโ€™t work. We sent it back to Winegard because it would quit working in cold temps. They told us we had the wrong LNB on it and charged us for a new one. When the dealer originally installed it we got a Hopper 3 at the same time. We are thinking now that he had maybe changed out the LNB and we didnโ€™t know it. We watched him take it out of the box. Anyway we did insist that Winegard return the old LNB and Iโ€™ll bet if we go put that back on itโ€™ll work again. At least until itโ€™s cold. Lol

Weโ€™ll have time in a few days to try the old LNB. If it doesnโ€™t work guess weโ€™ll go to the dealer in Yuma.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
In theory, it's the exact same dish (antenna) you have at home so no new check switch should be necessary. Do you have the solo node installed in the RV. Has this exact receiver worked previously in the RV with the Trav'ler? Hopper 2? Hopper 3?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
You need to reset the receiver and let it go through the check switch again as it is a different type dish
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie