cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Thor wanderer actual weight

Crf450ripper
Explorer
Explorer
So I found some information on this site about my Thor wanderer wagon 217tb and the actual weight of the rig. Problem was that the person who posted his weight of the same rig didn’t have all the same options. Mine has the Onan 4K onboard generator and the fuel station as well (his was missing these), and all the options like ducted furnace, roof mount AC, 2 batteries, rear screen door, awning, I was worried about the weight because I’m towing it with a 1991 k1500 scsb pickup with a 6” lift and 35s and I didn’t want to push it to hard.
. The UVW (unloaded vehicle weight) which is posted under the sink on the cabinet door said 5090lbs. I found a local scale I could use and had it weighed, dry with no water, no fuel, and no toys basically just the stuff in the cabinets like pots and pans and utensils and a few random things combined weigh under 100lbs

Anyways the entire combination weighed in at 11880lbs
Truck weighs in at 5,000lbs
Trailer weighs 6,880lbs (minus ~120 for the Weight distribution hitch)

Thought this might help anyone looking to buy a trailer. Don’t trust the posted weight because it seems that it’s always way off.
2 REPLIES 2

Y-Guy
Also RVs of that area often used the weight of the base model, they didn't recalculate or weigh the actual RV based on the options that were added. So like the generator which is probably near the tongue wasn't counted along with awnings, etc. IMHO this was near criminal as many people bought something that weighed far more than their truck could safely handle. Thankfully today you don't see the same level of games being played, but it's still in your court to verify. I figure it's like Ronald Regan's line, Trust but Verify!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Prior to 2009 there were no regulations and no watchdog keeping the manufacturers honest. The builders could put anything they wanted as the dry weight. Back then the only thing that had to be legit was the GVWR.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900