cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GE Profile Convection/Microwave Replacement

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2004 Newmar DS Model 4015 has the original Black GE Profile Spacemaker Convection/Microwave, Model JVM 1490BD, mounted under a cabinet located above the (3) lp burner stove. The convection mode appears to have stopped working so am looking to replace the unit. The recommended suggested to me by a RV tech is GE Profile Model PVM 9179DKBB which appears to be spec wise a good match. What have other Newmar owners with similar year/model coaches used for a replacement? Anyone also have information/schematic on how these are installed as I'm not sure whether to try and do the work myself or have it done?
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced mine with the GE Profile JVM 1790 SK but it's stainless steel so the model might be similar but not exactly the same.
We have been very pleased.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced ours a couple months ago... Old one died. Found the one you mentioned at Home Depot. Couldnโ€™t find another that was such a great match. They had to order the black.

The fit was perfect, though the old plate didnโ€™t work. Had to do a few reinforcements for the new plate. We did have to take apart parts of the frame to get to areas to put scews into the outside support.

All in all, a pretty easy replacement. PM us if you have any specific questions or problems.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
we just use a small electric heater puts out more heat and no fuss.

How long does your set up take to cook a 3 lb. prime rib? :h

Can you fry eggs and bacon on your $20 ceramic heater from Walmart?

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

How long does your set up take to cook a 3 lb. prime rib? :h
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Oh geeze, just go to best buy, walmart, or any other store that sell appliances and buy the one you like. There is nothing special about the ones RV mfgs put in. Take measurements with you to make your choice. There is no need to waste your time with an RV dealer unless your not capable of doing the work.