cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Thor 22e Class C Entry Door Handle problem.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
So went to open the house entry door today and nothing happened. The latch moves but it's not pulling the bolt. Both sides not working. Little research and I find it's a Trimark 60-650 door handle (pretty sure anyway). As I read the reviews I see some folks are replacing these things quite often. One gent 3 times so far. Average price looks like $95. Is there a better/stronger handle I can replace this with? I'll have to pay more but it's better than getting locked out in the boonies somewhere.
Correction. Mine has the lock/unlock symbols stamped over the left keyhole and that matches the RV Designer T507 handle which had some bad reviews on Amazon.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Off to the machine shop. A friend of mine has a small shop and last night told me to bring the broken piece over and we'll make one up. That is exactly what I'm going to do. After this next snow storm passes Wednesday/Thursday and it warms up just a bit.
Thanks
2020 JAYCO 26XD

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Take the broken latch bolt to a machine shop and ask them to make one like it from a stronger material such as one of the stainless steel alloys.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, buy 2 and keep a spare.. check. I keep a set of spare keys in a magnetic holder inside my rear 4'' bumper.. check. I bought an extended warranty from the dealer and I'm going to swing by to see if this is covered. If so fine it will save me $100 and Ill use it to buy a spare. If not that it will cost double.. Oh well this is the last thing I thought would break and have to carry spare in my tool kit.
2020 JAYCO 26XD

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a Class C, just stash a spare key for the cab. Get in that way.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
And always leave at least on window unlocked, so someone can crawl in when you get locked out. Easy to replace one, but you have to be inside to do it. If you are inside, its fairly easy to get the door open without damage. from outside, almost impossible.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Repllace it. Buy two, carry a spare.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.