cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The weekend in the TC competing at Dressage

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have been doing it for 8 years now in the Lance and the last few with a Diesel F350 Dually. Something always throws us a curve but it always works out well. This trip was no exception. I was working a medical standby in the Lance and another horse show when the fridge stopped working right on AC, propane operation was fine. Some internet research pointed in the direction of a failed power board so I ordered one from "the Norcold guy" on Sunday it arrived on Wednesday and I swapped it in for the old one in about 20 minutes. I just toook photos of the wiring so that I could make sure they all matched.

it worked perfectly and the fridge temps stayed where the should have all weekend.

Ruth took off on Thursday morning with the horse in tow from just east of the San Francisco Bay to just South of Sacramento to the Rancho Murietta Equestrian Center. She just beat the approaching storm. I would follow with the dogs when I finished work on Friday night.

On Friday there were rain squalls but the Arenas are covered so all the horses and riders stayed reasonably dry. I work outdoors and was in a full rain suit all day. Ruth Competed at US Dressage Federation's Fourth level test 3 ( most difficult fourth level test) there was heavy rain, wind and hail and in the middle of her test a fence blew down. She still ended up in first place which the best score seh and here horse had ever gotten at fourth level a 70.111%

The storm let up when I headed out in my other truck with the dogs

I got there in about two hours, not bad for a Friday Night

Saturday morning while taking the horse for it's morning walk I snapped this shot of Ruth , her horse Wyleigh and our rig in its RV spot

This is the Barn where we kept our horses during the show it was quite nice

The main competition arena

Again Ruth had a great ride and won her Fourth Level Test 3 class with an even better score of 71.444%. She made the decision after this ride that it was time to move up to the International Level Tests starting in two weeks at one of our local shows.

The weather started to change

Thunderheads moved in

we had some big thunder claps

But we were done riding and Ruth was all smiles

Sunday Morning I hooked up the trailer. It was my turn to haul the horse. Ruth would drive back in the other truck as my wingman grabbing lanes on the freeway to let me make easy lane changes

Torklift 48" supertruss with a Huskey WD hitch

Walking Wyleigh to the trailer

It's nice to be able to monitor the horse in the trailer as we go down the road

Why I have 4x4 the trailer unloading area at our home barn was a soft bog

the rig

Most excellent weekend...but I'm going snow camping next weekend.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
12 REPLIES 12

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
They put on an impressive performance, Buzzcut! Pass on a "Nice Job"!!
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
JimPH wrote:
I am looking at buying a Reece 46.5 hitch extension. I have the same camper as you and a 2016 Dodge 3500 DRW. Will this extension work and is there anything else I will need to make it work. I dont tow now, just want the ability to be able to tow.

with that long a reach I would only tow something really light with a single bar extension. I trust the Superhitch/supertruss set up to safely tow my horse trailer.

there are one or two folks here that will say go ahead with a single tube or boast how they made their own but I think you will find the vast majority of those that tow anything heavy on this forum use the Torklift system

Thanks Buzzcut

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rides Ruth and Wyleigh! Thanks for the trip report, Buzzcut!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Great trip report! Thanks.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
JimPH wrote:
I am looking at buying a Reece 46.5 hitch extension. I have the same camper as you and a 2016 Dodge 3500 DRW. Will this extension work and is there anything else I will need to make it work. I dont tow now, just want the ability to be able to tow.

with that long a reach I would only tow something really light with a single bar extension. I trust the Superhitch/supertruss set up to safely tow my horse trailer.

there are one or two folks here that will say go ahead with a single tube or boast how they made their own but I think you will find the vast majority of those that tow anything heavy on this forum use the Torklift system
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Your trip reports are always interesting. Thanks for sharing.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
:C :C :C

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Video of Ruths Friday ride

https://youtu.be/ZHshFRp-yAc

Saturday Ride

https://youtu.be/xKiFF_x-RFM

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I almost forgot. It was a tad nippy out. 33 at night and a balmy 50 during the day. We lived in down jackets most of the time. The TC was a nice warm 66...

Always interesting to hear your tales.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great TR, good luck at the next level!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member