cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric dinette shakes coming down. Normal?

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at a toy hauler (used) the other day and notice the electric dinette vibrated coming down (going up was fine). If I stopped it, went back up a few inches, then came back down it went away. Is this normal? Is it a simple adjustment? Or a more serious issue?

Never owned a toy hauler with electric bed so don't know about them. Don't want to buy someone else problem.
7 REPLIES 7

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
mine chatters, always has they bind up a bit but its never been an issue in 12 years we've owned it. only problem I had was both limit switches disintegrated. Fortunately they're simple reed switches you can get at most electronic stores so easy fix.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bedlam
It may be chain driven, but there should be guide blocks or rollers for the assembly along the walls. If these are dragging, it will chatter as it is raised or lowered. I suggested using wax, but soap will do the same. I don't suggest a wet lubricant because it will attract dust and dirt.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
You may need to wax the guides in the rails so they slide easier.

looked like they were chains?

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
If it uses straps to haul it up and down,,, a bar of soap worked on my beds power straps.
I rubbed a bar of ivory soap generously on the straps from top to bottom, that took all the vibration binding away complexity. Been years now and no more vibration/binding has come back.

jmo
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

Bedlam
You may need to wax the guides in the rails so they slide easier.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Some beds use pins to lock them in place, some don't. Without knowing more it's hard to say if its a problem with that unit or just missing some pins. What year make and model was the RV? Any chance you saw the brand name on the lift system?

It was Jayco. The bed is manual, the dinette is powered. You use the dinette to move the bed up and down, then put the pins in place for the bed once it is lowered to the point you want it. All the pins were in place.

Y-Guy
Some beds use pins to lock them in place, some don't. Without knowing more it's hard to say if its a problem with that unit or just missing some pins. What year make and model was the RV? Any chance you saw the brand name on the lift system?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon