Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 Hummer vs 2018 Expedition

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
For your viewing entertainment...

Link

BTW... I checked out a Expedition Platinum this past weekend and was very impressed.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
7 REPLIES 7

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
It really was a silly comparison, but I guess that's one thing I like about TFL Truck. Of course the new Expedition will smoke the H2 on the street and the H2 will do way better off road. Kind of like comparing my new VW Golf Alltrack and a 15 year old Jeep Wrangler.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
EV2 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

BTW... I checked out a Expedition Platinum this past weekend and was very impressed.

That may be the most ridiculous automotive comparison I have ever seen. What. Is next, a quarter mile comparison of a 2018 ZL1 and the 2018 Expedition? At least they are in the same decade and in the same cost ballpark.

That's why I said for your viewing entertainment.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

That may be the most ridiculous automotive comparison I have ever seen. What. Is next, a quarter mile comparison of a 2018 ZL1 and the 2018 Expedition? At least they are in the same decade and in the same cost ballpark.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
The H2 was nothing more then a Chevy Suburban. The H3 was a Chevy Trail Blazer. The H1 was a real off road machine.

Actually much shorter as based off the Tahoe, not the Suburban. Of course it weighed a lot more due to the much heavier frame, and off road components, so really not comparable either. H2 performed off road very well but weight and size hurt gas mileage.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
The H2 was nothing more then a Chevy Suburban. The H3 was a Chevy Trail Blazer. The H1 was a real off road machine.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
They didn't do anything off road but obviously the H2 would outperform in this category.

In addition when looking at Expeditions the dealer had a mildly lifted FX4 that would perform off road duties very well.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
As much as I hate to defend an abomination like the H2, I have to point out they weren't made for speed. Didn't watch the entire video, but I have to ask if they did anything off road?