cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ETERNABOND & CORNERS?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a roll of 4 inch wide Eternabond to seal around my roof vents. My question is do you guys simply overlap on the corners going around a vent? I wrongly tried to do a circle around a sewer vent tube with terrible results. What is the technique here? Thanks again
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
9 REPLIES 9

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

Good luck getting the Edurbond tape off if you ever need to replace that vent.

Spoken by someone that has apparantly ZERO KNOWLEDGE on using Eternabond .... There is absolutely no need to remove it, just score it around the vent flange edge and gently lift up the flange stretching the microsealant enough to cut it. Remove and replace vent and flange leaving the other part of the Eternabond on the roof and then once new vent is installed apply Eternabond to new vent flange and onto existing Eternabond you left on the roof from the prior vent ... DONE and even MIKEY CAN DO IT:B

BTW as someone that has a fair amount of experience removing DICOR from a rubber roof and vents/etc. along with replacing two sewer vents and an antenna feed thru sealed with Eternabond along with removing some 20' of Eternabond from my front Cap I can say with confidence that removing Eternabond is not much harder than removing caulking, it's all in doing it right.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dicore selfleveling sealant after setting the vent on clean dry roof. Then use the self leveling sealant to cover all screws and about an inch out from the lip of the vent it wonโ€™t leak. Selfleveling sealant goes on heavy and then levels itself as described.
Good luck getting the Edurbond tape off if you ever need to replace that vent.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous 5th wheel I used the Eternabond around all my vents and overlapped and used sealant around all edges. Worked very well.

Make sure that you prep the area 1st with a good cleaning and I also used a small wallpaper roller meant for borders about 4 to 6 inches wide and really rolled it well once it was in place
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are so helpful. I apreciate this board and you all. Wanted to have you all over for barbecue. Wife says no. Sorry. LOL
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

^^^^ That is what I did on my last RV...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to go along with the others,overlap it,that stuff sticks to itself better than it does anything else......
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
When I go around skylights and vents I overlap the Eternabond, then apply Dicor to the edges of the E/bond. Use a roller to apply and seal the tape.
For the tank vents I just apply a layer of Dicor around the opening. I tried Eternabond one time. I had the same results as you.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can put the tape over other tape however you want. Have to rub it in to activate the glue. There are some good youtubes on using the tape on RVs. Hard to get it perfect, so expect some wrinkles.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Overlap corners or use the eternabond self leveling sealant instead of tape.