cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Question where to add leveling jack fluid

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving Pahrump Nevada now The jacks make a bing sound on rough roads, the manual said that means the fluid is low, it also states the reservoir is in the front by the generator. There is a generator dash air conditioner lines a horn. This is a 2002 Monaco diplomat. we are leaving now to head to Troutdale Oregon to visit our daughter who will be in country from April 13 to April 23. If you can help with where to locate the reservoir I would be grateful Thanks and see you on the Road
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
9 REPLIES 9

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The HI line signature series Monaco's and HR's had the pump up front by the entry steps. Diplomats and the equivalent HR were behind the Rear Side AC Condenser unit. Doug

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
My HR with a rear radiator had the reservoir behind the door that opens with a soda machine key..2nd door in from rear..drivers side..it would open AC condenser and that would swing away to motor mechanism.

My 2006 Diplomat has this location.
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a side/radiator rear/radiator thing Don...and I know the Diplomat is a rear radiator..the dynasty someone else mentioned is a side radiator.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
At some point in time, Monaco moved the pump to the door in front of the rear wheel. I'm not sure what year that started. That's why I said MINE is located by the rear wheel.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Monaco obviously built every coach differently. On our 1997 Monaco, the reservoir is directly in front of the drivers side front tire. You have to turn the front tires all the way to the right in order to gain access.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"devildog1971"......Your jack pump should be on the driver's side just in front of the rear wheel. You should have a mesh door there with a barrel key. Open the door and you'll see the dash A/C condenser. Unlock it and swing it open. Once both doors are open you'll see your jack pump. Right in the middle of the pump (on top) is a large nut with a breather. You remove this nut and fill with trans fluid.

With the three jack system, you should lower the front jack six inches. Have your spouse turn on the ignition key, which should make your jack alarm sound. Add fluid until the alarm quits.

That nut/breather on top of the tank is a bad design. It's too short and allows fluid to easily leak out. You can buy a brass 3/8" threaded brass nipple, about 3" long and extend that breather. This way you won't puke out so much fluid.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Remember to check your manual about how you're suppose to measure the tank level. Most want you to retract slides & jacks, while others do not.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
My HR with a rear radiator had the reservoir behind the door that opens with a soda machine key..2nd door in from rear..drivers side..it would open AC condenser and that would swing away to motor mechanism.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have the wife run the jacks up and down while your outside listen for the motor sound the reservoir for the fluid should be with the motor.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH