cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NSA Ready Brake (ReadyBrute Elite RV Tow Bar)

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for comments and experiences with the NSA Ready Brake (ReadyBrute Elite RV Tow Bar).

The 2016 Ford Fiesta has power assist brakes as do most cars. The brakes a very hard depress with the engine off. Can this cable really pull that hard?

Any other comments on surge brakes or NSA Ready Brake (ReadyBrute Elite RV Tow Bar) would be appreciated.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Update: I purchased the N.S.A. ReadyBrute Elite and a Blue Ox Baseplate. I had them professionally installed by Interstate RV, Fort Pierce FL. Very happy so far, Although I have just towed the Fiesta about 5 miles.

N.S.A. gave me great customer service when they sent me a new sling cable when I called them and told them I had inadvertently pinched and damaged the sling cable. Nice people

Blue Ox gave very specific instructions and illustrations for installation

Interstate RV did a very professional installation. I will bring my coach
there when my warranty runs out.

Thanks, AlwaysDreaming

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
AlwaysDreaming wrote:
Did some research on the ReadyBrake/ReadyStop install on a 2016 Ford Fiesta. Running the cable to the brake pedal looks almost impossible. Lots of obstructions.
Has anyone done an istall on a Ford Fiesta or have had complications running the cable?

I can see now that Jeeps are good vehicles for flat tow by design or by luck.

Thanks

I sent you a pm a while back to offer pics of a 2016 set up with a ready brute. It is not impossible but fairly easy to set up the cable and it works fine. I know, I have one.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Did some research on the ReadyBrake/ReadyStop install on a 2016 Ford Fiesta. Running the cable to the brake pedal looks almost impossible. Lots of obstructions.
Has anyone done an istall on a Ford Fiesta or have had complications running the cable?

I can see now that Jeeps are good vehicles for flat tow by design or by luck.

Thanks

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I have 4 years on ours. Like the system and so easy to hook up. I tow an 04 wrangler and or a 06 Jeep Liberty.

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the Ready Brake system on our Jeep JK (both brake and breakaway system(. We towed from Oregon to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and Idaho with zero issues. Ready Brake system performed flawlessly and is very easy to connect and disconnect. Highly recommend the system. Also, it is very affordable as compared to other systems. We purchased off of Amazon and saved quite a bit off money. RV dealers were talking about exotic setups and $4500+ for similar setups. Our cost was in the realm of about $1300 and did the work ourselves. Easy peasey.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
check your pm.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Coming into 3rd season towing using ReadyBrute. Very happy with the system over 15k+ miles - been thru Rockies in CO and mountains of WV with no issues. How can it develop adequate pressure with toad engine off? That 3000 pounds of car pushing forward into the motorhome! Plenty of force to operate the brake! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using our NSA ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system since 2008 with two different toads. The brake system is very effective, and has no problem applying the toad brakes as needed. If it'll make you feel better, NSA sells an accessory vacuum pump that will provide a live brake system, but I doubt that you will notice any difference. A quick test to see if it will help is to run a predetermined route with a number of stops, noting the "feel" of the braking, and then rerun the same route with the toad engine running to see if you notice any significant difference. If the braking action drastically improves, buy and install the add-on pump.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the Ready Brute Elite Towbar for 5 years towing a 2013 Honda CR-V. The cable doesn't seem to have any trouble pulling the brake pedal hard enough to engage. I forgot to hook it up pulling out of a site once and I could tell the difference immediately. Iโ€™ve heard surge brakes donโ€™t work in the mountains, but Iโ€™ve gone over Tioga Pass (elevation 9,945) between Yosemite and Lee Vining, Togwotee Pass (elevation 9,544 feet) out of Grand Teton NP, and down 190 into Death Valley without any problems or dragging bakes on the car.

I use a Blue Ox base plate and NSAโ€™s adapters to connect. I ordered a set of spare hitch pins, cotter pins, and shackle after I dropped a cotter pin on the dealerโ€™s gravel parking lot in the rain and never could find it. Luckily the dealer had a set of pins for a Roadmaster that fit. I also bought the hitch cover and the In-Dash light monitor so I can see when the CRVโ€™s brakes come on.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Excellent product and company. I have had 15 years.

Had it rebuilt once (rear end accident) Easy and fair to deal with.

My toads weigh around 5k. But you are well under the max so it should work ok.

You might call NSA and ask their tech support.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.