cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glendale golden falcon

wolff2112
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone, I too have a glendale 14 ft golden falcon and am having a few problems . first, i am unable to find a date, second after doing exhaustive searches am not able to find anything and i mean anything on this camper, not even a pic of it online. my model is 414 lightweight. . any help on this would be much appreciated. i am currently looking for wiring diagrams as well as floor plans of this one. thanks in advance
12 REPLIES 12

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Usually serial or VIN numbers are located on the frame toward the front, sometimes on a plate, sometimes stamped in to the frame, sometimes on the inside of the frame rail. Repainting by previous owners may have covered it, look closely. Sometimes there may be a sticker inside a cabinet or storage compartment door.

Procedures and options for getting a new title and/or registering the trailer will vary widely depending on your state. A call to the DMV may help.

A Google search for vintage trailer forums may lead to more information.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have no title how are you going to register and get license plates for it ??

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glendale was a Canadian RV manufacturer who went bankrupt in 2011. The Golden Falcon trailer was considered a fairly high end product and a good comfortable trailer with some fairly unique features for its' time. One was the recessed awning into the side of the trailer.
They also came with gel gloss hung fiberglass sides and both front and rear FG end caps.

Here is a link to an advertisement for one that I believe is quite old and not available anymore. It will show you how the exterior and interior was arranged and what the walls etc. looked like. Hope this helps you out a bit. If the rig has not had much water damage, it is probably worth spending some time on - IMO.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
There is no wiring diagram, I'm not kidding, they just wing it.

Yep, and they do it with wingnuts on the wires, and wingnuts running the wires too.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
wolff2112 wrote:
i wanted the floor plan to see where the wires are all located.

Floor plan won't tell you where the wires go.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
wolff2112 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I too have a glendale 14 ft golden falcon and am having a few problems

What kind of problems are you having?

wolff2112 wrote:
any help on this would be much appreciated.

What kind of help do you need?

Not sure what good a floor plan does you for a RV you already own.

Wiring diagrams are pretty much non existent for RVs. Most RV manufacturers don't believe in documenting their work.
Bob

westend
Explorer
Explorer
These vintage trailers (even most new ones) don't have any schematics available. As you go back in age, there are less circuits to deal with. My '71 Starcraft had two 120V circuits and a connection to an add-on converter. The 12V circuit powered lights, furnace, and fridge. All exterior lights were led forward to the tongue.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the Yellowstone or the Falcon?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wolff2112
Explorer
Explorer
well this puts me into a deep depression...... lol. i guess its time to bring out the testers and see where each wire goes too . thanks for the heads up....

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is no wiring diagram, I'm not kidding, they just wing it.

wolff2112
Explorer
Explorer
there is no title when i got it. it was bought by my dad and he never got the title . he gave me the trailer. as for being gutted , no its not. just the toilet removed . and i already have another replacement for that along with plumbing. i wanted the floor plan to see where the wires are all located. by the way my serial number looks it might be a 1981 ? st813042?

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a date on the title or registration?
Probably never were any wiring diagrams available.
Is it gutted? If so, you can have any floor plan you want.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch