cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan-Tastic Power Vent Question

Richard_999
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a 2000 REXHALL Rose Air ...
It has HONEYWELL Fan-Tastic power vents, each with their own thermostat.

I do not find a manual for them.

Right now... the outside temperature is 65.
If I move the thermostat to that temp. - the fan comes on .... which means as it gets HOTTER ... the fan would go OFF .

THAT ... seems to me to be the OPPOSITE LOGIC.
I would think the fan would come on UNTIL it reaches the setting of the person... and THEN shut off.

OBVIOUSLY , since both do the same thing , I AM WRONG .... so I guess I need help figuring out what the CORRECT LOGIC ..... is !

Thanks ................... Richard
12 REPLIES 12

Richard_999
Explorer
Explorer
@Tropical ... MINE , does the OPPOSITE !
It will come ON when it is set BELOW the room temperature , and STAY ON until ( I guess ) the room becomes COOLER ... which does not happen , not on a hot day.
I would guess it SHOULD come on when the room temp. gets HOTTER than the set range... and shut OFF when / if it gets lower than that !

Richard

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Richard_999 wrote:
I recently bought a 2000 REXHALL Rose Air ...
It has HONEYWELL Fan-Tastic power vents, each with their own thermostat.

I do not find a manual for them.

Right now... the outside temperature is 65.
If I move the thermostat to that temp. - the fan comes on .... which means as it gets HOTTER ... the fan would go OFF .

THAT ... seems to me to be the OPPOSITE LOGIC.
I would think the fan would come on UNTIL it reaches the setting of the person... and THEN shut off.

OBVIOUSLY , since both do the same thing , I AM WRONG .... so I guess I need help figuring out what the CORRECT LOGIC ..... is !

Thanks ................... Richard

It should be looking at the temp. inside the coach, at the location of the sensor and once it gets down to that temp., shut down.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
StuckinTracy wrote:
Richard_999 wrote:
MY wall stat , has the label ... HONEYWELL Fan Tastic on it , so it is part of the system... BUT ... it operates WEIRD !

If you turn it down to BELOW the real temp... it comes ON !
That seems like the opposite of what it should do .

Richard

Sounds to me like it is doing what it should. If the temp is 70 and you set the dial to 65, it should turn on and cool until the temp reaches 65. Maybe I missed what you were saying.

Had one in an 98' Newmar and that is exactly how it should operate. If set below the room temperature, it will run until the room drops to that setting, then turn the fan off. Think cooling thermostat, like your a/c but without a compressor.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

StuckinTracy
Explorer
Explorer
Richard_999 wrote:
MY wall stat , has the label ... HONEYWELL Fan Tastic on it , so it is part of the system... BUT ... it operates WEIRD !

Richard

Sounds to me like it is doing what it should. If the temp is 70 and you set the dial to 65, it should turn on and cool until the temp reaches 65. Maybe I missed what you were saying.
10 Rally's and counting...

Mike (me-pilot)
Gail ("I'M THE BOSS"-navigator)

Stuck in a tent but looking

Good Sam Life members
FMCA 370826

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just info. Getting RV ready to go and sure enough Our fan is wired to a thermostat from Fan-Tastic and it does have temp numbers printed on it as stated by daveengstrand. We don't move the temp control much just the on/auto control.

MrWizard
Does it have any switches on it?

If no switches it's wired to a relay, and the fan is connected you the wrong contacts on the relay

Or

Take the stat of the wall, and see how many connections are on the back side for the wiring
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Richard_999
Explorer
Explorer

Richard

C20
Explorer
Explorer
The last two years we had both our vent fans replaced with the Fantastic fans, and they can be used manual with the remote or with a thermostat setting on the same remote. As said if you set it to 70 it will run until the inside reaches 70 then they shut off.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

daveengstrand
Explorer
Explorer
Some Fantastic fans are wired to a wall control with temp settings, maybe not a thermostat per say but temp controlled non the less. we had an 04 Jayco Designer TT that had two of them. The owners manuals that came with showed them as factory installed units. Do a search for them and you can maybe find a manual online.

MrWizard
fan-tastic fans do not come, wired to wall thermostats
there is no dial with temp, on any fan i have owned

if yours are wired to the wall stat (labeled Honeywell) , the previous owner did that

change the stat from heat ? .. to cool , a/c or fan mode

the stat is currently in heat mode
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RichNewcome
Explorer
Explorer
The purpose of the vent fan temperature control is to attempt to cool the interior of the coach to the temperature selected. So for example, if you would have it set at 70 at bed time and the coach was at 75, as it cooled off outside, the fan would run until the coach cooled down to 70.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
do you know the model #. The only Fan-tastic power vent I know of is own by Atwood Mobile Products, LLC, So not sure we are talking about the same product. My 99 Newmar had the Fan Tastic power vent and in Mid 2008 maybe I replace them both due to broken fans with a new Fan Tastic vent. They wired up different that the old ones that I removed. Sorry I do not thank I help you. It is in storage so can not run out and check. Batteries are out. This should help.

http://www.allcaravans.com.au/pages/Fantastic-Vent-Installation-Guide.html