cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Airbag code B1213, Any Ideas?

map40
Explorer
Explorer
My 2016 Ford E450 (2016 chassis also) gave me an Airbag light. Read the code and it was B1213. It says open circuit. I looked under the seat and found 2 wires on the seat harnes that were chafing and one was cut. I reconnected them (cut them, clean/sadder them), but now when when I reset the fault it keeps coming back. Any suggestions?
Alfa SeeYa
Life rocks when your home rolls
9 REPLIES 9

map40
Explorer
Explorer
I took it to a dealer and they found one more cable that was frayed. That did it.
Alfa SeeYa

RVRAD
Explorer
Explorer
any results for this problem? I removed my drivers seat and have the same issue

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please tell us that you have disconnected the battery and grounded any static while doing all of that. Airbag wiring is yellow and things go boom when you mess with it if you don't know what you are doing.
Puma 30RKSS

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Then either the original problem is still there, or a dealer might be able to clear it as was also suggested by drsteve.
Sorry, not a maintenance guru, just have had some luck with the battery disconnect route.
Someone will probably be able to help. It's a holiday weekend and not all of us are online.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

map40
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnecting the battery or driving didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Alfa SeeYa

map40
Explorer
Explorer
I got the equipment to clear it. It is not a simple OBDII diagnostic tool, but I can reset it.
I know this works because I can produce codes if I unplug the passenger seat (3 new codes) and I plug it back in, clear the codes, and they don't come back, so I know I can successfully do it.
Alfa SeeYa

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I believe some codes require clearing by a dealer. I have no idea if this is one of them.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

map40
Explorer
Explorer
I'll give it a shot
Alfa SeeYa

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Try disconnecting the chassis battery to reset it. I had a fuel cap "askew" code a few weeks back. Checked and corrected the "issue", cleared the code, but it kept the CEL on until I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Some ECUs also require driving it for a while to clear/reset check engine codes, or so I'm told.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)