cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who is ready to go?

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I am so tired of the winter that will never end.
I want to dewinterize the camper but I think it is a bit too early yet here in central Pa.

Spring has to be coming soon.right?

I sure hope so our first trip is planed for the last weekend this month.
I can't wait come on spring.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion
38 REPLIES 38

ljedik
Explorer
Explorer
I'm up near Syracuse and we de-winterized already. We have been just keeping the heat temperature at about 54deg. in the camper. The camper we own has a sealed underbelly so I think were safe. We dont keep the water hose connected just some water in the fresh water tank. no issues.
Larry & Jen

2018 Coleman 1805RB
1999 StarCraft TravelStar 17ck

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Just when things were looking better here it turned to winter again. Snow may be on the way.LOL
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Montana. Nuff said.

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
I was supposed to move into the seasonal site last week. Postponed due to 3 nor-easters in a row leaving the campground in ruins. Changed to this weekend and guess what...3-5" of snow expected Saturday Night. I'm done with Northeast weather! Feel so far behind the 8 ball it isn't funny! Hoping Summer makes up for this horrific March!
Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Another lovely week in Northern Indiana. Temps in the 20's at night with a hail storm yesterday and an inch of snow this morning.

As the DW said, we may be de-winterizing on the road next week. Did that last year, dry camping half way to FL.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm always ready to go. Slide the tote of food back under the sink, fill up a couple of jugs of water, and my porta-potti is already in the camper for those spring days when I want to go out but, it is still to soon to De-winterize.

But, we are getting another 6 inches of snow here in SW MN and it is not going to be above freezing DURING THE DAY for the next couple of weeks.

After that I may be to busy to go. It is quite depressing. If it would only get up to 50 during the day and stay about 30 at night I would go. Of course the snow has to melt and the mud has to firm up or I can't get down my road or into any of the campgrounds.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Ya Ya..More snow and rain coming here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Kidding.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
DelawareCamper wrote:
dblr wrote:
We got lucky here in Delaware and was able to start this weekend!!!!!

where did you "camp" this past weekend?

we are heading to Trap the 13th weekend

We are at Lums Pond then up to Country Acres in Lancaster.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just got home from 3 nights out, all by ourselves. Literally no one out yet. It has snowed about 4" since we got home, but it sure was nice to get out, even though one day it only got to 23 degrees F. We used water, and just drained everything very well, instead of rewinterizing.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dhust
Explorer
Explorer
Oh the advantages of living in Florida. My first trip of the year started on Jan 6. In fact we've been gone more than we were home (a total of 3 weeks).

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Need to winterize again for a few months ๐Ÿ˜ž

Next two weeks forecast have highs in the upper 20s and lows in the single digits. 8 inches of white stuff forecast for tomorrow.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
The clock is running for me, I have 10 days until we wander our way to MO. It has been unseasonably cold with highs in the 40's and low's in the 20's.

At this rate I will be flushing antifreeze just before we leave.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
Iโ€™m ready to go, now that Easter is here the snowbirds will start heading north and we can get our SPs back.

I saw the migration north bound on I 95 both this past Friday, and again this morning !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Did our 1st trip this last weekend. 2 nights at the Oregon coast. Friday afternoon was decent. Partly cloudy sunny stuff. Sat turned out to be gorgeous. By about 1-2:00 pm it was clear blue sky. Low 50's. Perfect for some outside wine sipping.