cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What one would you use?

Dr_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a new 5th wheel hitch. I would like to hear some thoughts on the two I'm looking at.

1: PullRite 2400

2: Andersen Ultimate 3200

Both are rail mount. Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Dr_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the input, still looking at the options.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Dr.Bob wrote:
Looking for a new 5th wheel hitch. I would like to hear some thoughts on the two I'm looking at.

1: PullRite 2400

2: Andersen Ultimate 3200

Both are rail mount. Thanks in advance.

I'm very happy with a rail mount Andersen in my short bed Ram and it gives me enough clearance. It functions like a gooseneck so you don't get the slop that comes with many standard fifth wheel hitches. Hitching/unhithching is a piece of cake and can be done easily at angles (which is a problem on PullRites from what I understand). Obviously easy installation and removal is another plus.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
4 way swivel head is only way to go. Had and still have in shed a Reese 16k non slider I bought used from dealer. Worked very well w/ old coach. Bought new coach and a bit more IMO than what the Reese could handle, so went w/ B&W 18k Patriot. What a stout hitch. Sure it may be heavy, but this sucker is built like a brick s***house.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Dr_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at the new hitch because sometimes in the mountains my hitch binds us due to the fact were on uneven ground. We very rarely use camp grounds, would also like the option of loading from the side.

Thanks for the help so far will be doing more research this weekend.

I'm towing with a '12 Dodge ram 3500 8'bed 4x4 CTD 6sp manual.

I tried to put this in my signature but being computer stupid I failed to do so.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I've just started comparing the B&W Companion and the Andersen. My first inclinations of towing is that they feel the same with no noticeable nod of one vs. the other.

Hitching up, the Companion is easier. The ball/coupler is a little more finicky to get lined up. Though the red funnel on the Andersen helps.

Installation of the hitch itself is definitely easier with the Andersen. Except for the silly need for being able to use specific torque settings with installing the king pin adapter/coupler.

Both give you an obvious positive connection. With the B&W, you can see the jaws are latched around the kingpin. With the Andersen, the camper is down on the ball.

Unhitching is equally easy on both.

The one negative to the Andersen is mostly an issue if you have electric landing gear- the Andersen requires the camper to be raised a bit more than a conventional hitch. With electric landing gear, my old rig was soooooooo slllloooowwwww. Now that I have hydraulic landing gear, it isn't an issue because they're quicker.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know much about the 5er hitches but take a look at Gen-Y. I haven't tried mine yet and they're kinda pricey but look to me like it'll work. I have gotten some really good reviews from people that do have them. You'll still need some kind of hitch like what you're researching; this is an add on.

Bob_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Have been using the Pullrite since we bought our 5th. Very happy with it, and never have to worry when turning and backing. You do need to pay attention when hooking, or disconnecting, but never a problem here.
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
To answer your question it depends on the vehicles bed length and if the trailer has the new notched/rounded front corners and what type hitch those hitch numbers lead to.
For my 6' 4" short bed Dodge it would have to be the Andersen with my old square front corner 5th wheel trailer.

We have some B&W hitch owners so if your not interested in their brand hitch just ignore them.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^^^^^^^ What He Said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W, you will thank me!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD