cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter MAY be ending

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
For all of the snowbirds who are lamenting winters refusal to give up this year, take heart. We are on Kerr Reservoir just a couple of miles above the NC state line, and just saw the first Hummingbird of the season here.
I put a feeder out a couple days ago, nighttime lows are still down in the 30's some nights, but, she was here. All is not lost.
12 REPLIES 12

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Wife has been in Florida this past week visiting her 94 years young mother. Every day she texts telling me it was 80 deg F and they just came in from planting flowers and mulch in front of the house.
I reply back for her to bring some of that weather back when she comes home this week as the highs here have been 38 deg F and we had 1 1/2" of snow the other night. I'd be happy to see temps in the 50's. That's T-shirt weather for us and I could get some of the toys out to ride.
5-6 months of cold weather is enough. I'm ready for warmer weather but don't want to move south.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
88 and going to 90 in another hour here in Gold Canyon, Az
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I am using 2 on-line weather places....

delayed departure 4/04... waiting on storms to clear... and snow to stop.
yesterday friend sent me a photo of my front yard 4 inches of snow... N.E. Ohio

last year.. 4/08 had 6 inches of snow in driveway.. but trip up was good till Columbus...

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
No place for birds to land here in Northern Ontario. Have gotten over 20 inches of snow in last couple of days with the night time temperatures at -18C -1F. I wish I knew were to find that **** ground hog that predicted this.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
... and just saw the first Hummingbird of the season here...

Clicky

Good link to use to know when it's time to put the feeders out.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
It was -21C winchill this morning.
Everybody is stunned.
Coldest in weeks.

10F, -12C last night here, far lower with wind chill. Might reach single digits tonight but the wind has died off at least.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a cold spell today. Only got to 64. Tomorrow will be better.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I love Hummingbirds!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
OK shocked now, and going to throw a little salt in the wound. Current temp 57f and some clown just passed the house riding a jet ski.
Add on . Just checked COE website , current lake temps range from 45 to 48f.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
There's no end in sight north of the Mason-Dixon. :E

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
It was -21C winchill this morning.
Everybody is stunned.
Coldest in weeks.

hugemoth
Explorer
Explorer
Must be spring, the frogs were really hooping it up last night in SE Oregon. 9 degrees F over night on a couple nights last week in a non insulated camper. BURRR.