cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OK More Questions First TT Toy Hauler

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Brought home my new Jayco T32C (Travel Trailer Toy Hauler) the other day and had been wondering about pin weight so got a scale and weighed my pin, TT loaded nothing in the toy box is 1750, looking at the WDH the dealer sold me is 1,500 to 15,000. Well I know I will never be over 15k of total trailer but I am over the 1500 pin, should I be concerned did they sell me a WDH that is not enough for the trailer they sold me?

Another question when you guys travel with Toys in the garage do you have to make any changes to the WDH since your putting a good bit of load behind the wheels? what about when you travel without since get a heavier pin?

Thanks in advance.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Diesel
2018 Jayco T32C
Reese Straight-Line trunnion WDH
4 REPLIES 4

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
What is the issue if have a 1700 WDH when there is something in the toy box just a stiffer ride safety issue? I am guessing that 50% of the time will not have my Bike in the Toy box.
2018 Jayco T32C

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
TH's have very heavy pin, and in your case, tongue weights when not loaded with toys. That is one very large TT TH and the tongue weight you reported is no surprise, ensure your truck hitch receiver is stout enough to handle it. Try and find out what your tongue weight is when loaded with your toys to determine if you really need to get higher rated WD hitch bars.

About half the time we are out RVing we don't have our toys along for the trip, we make every effort to place as much stuff as possible in the rear of our TH to help alleviate some of the tongue weight, if your tanks our in front of the axles not carrying too much water will help. Good luck, hope you have many great times and that your new Jayco meets all your expectations.

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Yes surprised me as well but I hopefully will only get lighter on the pin if put something in the toy box, but my concern is when traveling without and only have a 1500 trunnion bar, just trying to be safe.
2018 Jayco T32C

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Just my opinion but I think you've got quite a bit of leeway on the WDH with that big diesel sitting on top of your front axle. I think your stock receiver is only rated for 1800 lbs so I'd keep an eye on that, though.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB